star2city

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SDSU responses for BigDog42 . . .

D-I Championship Sub-Division Polls

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=80343

That and to remind you that SDSU along with our friends from NDSU have conference homes for all of our sports and are the only schools that the Gateway Football Conference is looking at for expansion according to Gateway Football Conference commissioner Patty Viverito.

The Sioux had a very nice season in D-II (congrats on the playoff run and win against UNI) but from what I can tell it really hasn't gotten you much attention in your quest to become a D-I school or helped you gain much interest from conferences as you look to find homes for your teams. Or am I wrong?

Best of luck to both UND and USD as you try and win favor with a D-I conference.

I am sure once you raise some money and add some scholarships and become a D-I school that your team and mine will meet again on the field, someday. Then the Sioux can try and prove they are the better team, rather then do these lame score comparisons which everyone knows are ridiculous. :huh:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...349/1002/SPORTS

SDSU to attend Gateway meeting

Steffen verbally commits

By Terry Vandrovec

tvandrovec@argusleader.com

PUBLISHED: January 4, 2007

South Dakota State and North Dakota State have not been invited to join the Gateway Football Conference, but they have been asked to attend league meetings on Feb. 19 in St. Louis, commissioner Patty Viverito said Wednesday.

SDSU athletic director Fred Oien confirmed the invitation and said that he and university president David Chicoine plan to accept.

Typically, the Gateway meetings are attended by athletic directors, football coaches and faculty representatives, according to Viverito, and in this case, six of the league's seven school presidents will attend, as well.

They won't be required to vote on expansion, but they won't be precluded from doing so, either. . . . (read more)