SiouxSports.com Forum

No Punts- Still Lose..?

The Walrus

No punts, 1 turnover, and 1 failed 4th down conversion plus over 300 yards rushing and 7.6 yards per carry. If a team had a bunch of turnovers or failed 4th downs, I could easily see them losing, but that's not the case here. It's a testament to how bad UNO's defense is or how good UND's offense is depending on how you want to look at it.

No punts, 1 turnover, and 1 failed 4th down conversion plus over 300 yards rushing and 7.6 yards per carry. If a team had a bunch of turnovers or failed 4th downs, I could easily see them losing, but that's not the case here. It's a testament to how bad UNO's defense is or how good UND's offense is depending on how you want to look at it.

Both defenses were apparently overmatched last Saturday, but on the other hand, these were statistically two of the best defenses in the conference. UND had five first-team all-conference defensive players, two second-teamers and one honorable mention selection. UNO had four first-teamers and two second-teamers. I think this was just a matter of two pretty good defenses having bad days.