SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, Im sorry I havnt posted for the past 5 hours because ive been in Manvil. And no sorry, im not going to stop posting, your just pissed cuz I talk about RR, and you have nothing to say bad about them. Its funny to me that billy the kid talks so much smack about me not having any hockey knowlegde, yet he comes on here, doesnt talk anything about hockey, just rips on people who acaully make comments about the forum we are in. I also completly agree with you Hockeyfan09 about Riders first line. That line will be the one to keep South in second place. But looks like we will have to wait tell January to see who truely is the better team.

Grand Forks Red Rivers top line of Crary, Vigen, and Meland is a very competent top line. However, I have yet to hear conclusive evidence that should make me believe they are the best line in the state besides the fact that they have managed to be 3,4, and 5th in the state in scoring after playing 4 weak teams. Fargo South has 4 players who are also in the top 31 in the state in scoring which gives me reason to believe they might have the best line in the state after playing White Bear Lake and having a competitive game. Jamestown also has three forwards in the top 31 along with Zach Welding who has attended National Festivals in previous years. He has 14 points. Fargo North has 3 players in the top 31 in scoring, leading that pack is Tanner Bombenger with with 12 points. Also on that line is Tyler Klein and according the the website for the high school elite league he was chosen to play in year end tournement that is combined from the best players in the elite league. Grafton Park-Rivers top line should not be overlooked either. They have a very talented Zach Miller and Tanner Hills who have both been very impressive so far. I do not believe anyone who is reasonable and knows a little bit about the sport would say at this point in time what line is in fact the best line in the state. In some cases, the line the scores the most goals, gets the most goals scored on them aswell. With that being said, some lines plus/minus may be far better than a line that has 10 more points. (I do believe however, that if Danny Wurden played forward Fargo South would have the undisputed top line in the state as I have heard rumors the Omaha Lancers of the USHL wanted him to play there this season and he decided to stay for his senior year).

Grand Forks Red Rivers top line of Crary, Vigen, and Meland is a very competent top line. However, I have yet to hear conclusive evidence that should make me believe they are the best line in the state besides the fact that they have managed to be 3,4, and 5th in the state in scoring after playing 4 weak teams. Fargo South has 4 players who are also in the top 31 in the state in scoring which gives me reason to believe they might have the best line in the state after playing White Bear Lake and having a competitive game. Jamestown also has three forwards in the top 31 along with Zach Welding who has attended National Festivals in previous years. He has 14 points. Fargo North has 3 players in the top 31 in scoring, leading that pack is Tanner Bombenger with with 12 points. Also on that line is Tyler Klein and according the the website for the high school elite league he was chosen to play in year end tournement that is combined from the best players in the elite league. Grafton Park-Rivers top line should not be overlooked either. They have a very talented Zach Miller and Tanner Hills who have both been very impressive so far. I do not believe anyone who is reasonable and knows a little bit about the sport would say at this point in time what line is in fact the best line in the state. In some cases, the line the scores the most goals, gets the most goals scored on them aswell. With that being said, some lines plus/minus may be far better than a line that has 10 more points. (I do believe however, that if Danny Wurden played forward Fargo South would have the undisputed top line in the state as I have heard rumors the Omaha Lancers of the USHL wanted him to play there this season and he decided to stay for his senior year).

Wow, impressive. I actually totally agree with you. We will not know the best lines until it is more into the season. And like you said, the top lines also have a lot of goals scored on them. So I think that the Meland, Vigen, and Crary line is a very good line, not the best, but up there.

Wow, impressive. I actually totally agree with you. We will not know the best lines until it is more into the season. And like you said, the top lines also have a lot of goals scored on them. So I think that the Meland, Vigen, and Crary line is a very good line, not the best, but up there.

100% agreed. So... who does everyone think will lead the state in scoring this year?

What time is that game at? And is it going to be at the Coliseum?

7:30 at the Coliseum. I'd suggest getting there early, maybe even before the JV game because the Coliseum is going to be packed to the brim. #1 team in minnesota vs. the #1 team in north dakota in a huge rivalry game. Cant get much better than that.

Im afraid you are wrong sir. Moorhead was a very good team last year as well, and Fargo South beat them. This year I would say Moorhead has the upper hand, but to say it wont be close is a bit extreme.

Agreed. Also, Moorhead also may not be #1 by that time. They play #10 Grand Rapids and #5 Duluth East on consecutive nights on the 15th and 16th. Wait a minute...@ #1 Roseau, Grand Rapids, East, @ #1 South, then @ the Schwans Cup. Their coach may want to have a chat with the schedule maker.

Both teams need to stay out of the box. Whoever has the fewest penalties will win the game. If south can use their size without getting penalized they might be able to wear down Moorhead. With 12 guys over 6ft. they are a big team, but can't seem to stay out of the box.

IMO, Moorhead has a slight advantage at forward, and an advantage a defense. Sounds like Moorheads goalie was finally tested on Tuesday and played well, but I still give the Bruins an edge with Deichert in the net.

I hope it is a 1-2 goal game. In past years Moorhead would score the first goal and you could see south deflate and say, "here it goes again". These seniors beat Moorhead last year and should not have that problem.

FYI, the coleseum can hold a lot of people, and I'd be surprised if it sells out. If it does it will be real loud in that tin can.

Both teams need to stay out of the box. Whoever has the fewest penalties will win the game. If south can use their size without getting penalized they might be able to wear down Moorhead. With 12 guys over 6ft. they are a big team, but can't seem to stay out of the box.

IMO, Moorhead has a slight advantage at forward, and an advantage a defense. Sounds like Moorheads goalie was finally tested on Tuesday and played well, but I still give the Bruins an edge with Deichert in the net.

I hope it is a 1-2 goal game. In past years Moorhead would score the first goal and you could see south deflate and say, "here it goes again". These seniors beat Moorhead last year and should not have that problem.

FYI, the coleseum can hold a lot of people, and I'd be surprised if it sells out. If it does it will be real loud in that tin can.

this game sold out (3500 +) last year at moorhead and I do not think the coliseum holds that many people so it will definitely be full, get there early. I do not think south can keep up with moorhead but should give them as good a game as others on their schedule so far. moorhead by 3 unless deichert stands on head.

south players will not be afraid of this team because of last year so that will keep it interesting.

I'm sorry for all those south fans out there, but moorhead doesn't have a slight advantage at forward. Christian is by far better than any skater on south. Dietz is doing well, not to mention Foss and Lee are both on nhl central scouting watch list. I was at the game last year, and south beat moorhead, but it really wasn't a good performance for moorhead. That could be credited to south's play. But for this year I would be surprised if south wins.

Im afraid you are wrong sir. Moorhead was a very good team last year as well, and Fargo South beat them. This year I would say Moorhead has the upper hand, but to say it wont be close is a bit extreme.

What I think you are forgetting is that very good Moorhead team last year all returns with the exception of 4 or 5 players.

Moorhead easily has more talent than South this year. However, South is very deep and has great goaltending. This should be a close game. The South-Moorhead games have gone back and forth between South winning by a goal or Moorhead winning by about eight.

The trend in youth hockey indicates that South will have some very good hockey teams for the next several years. It will be interesting to see what happens when the new HS opens.

Moorhead easily has more talent than South this year. However, South is very deep and has great goaltending. This should be a close game. The South-Moorhead games have gone back and forth between South winning by a goal or Moorhead winning by about eight.

The trend in youth hockey indicates that South will have some very good hockey teams for the next several years. It will be interesting to see what happens when the new HS opens.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, I am just wondering if you could explain your definition of "very deep".

Why is it that Moorhead is so much stronger than the Fargo teams year in and year out? Other than the playing of better competition and having 3 schools -- probably a large part of it -- it seems as though the two cities would have similar youth programs being so close together. One youth program should not be that much better than the other should it? The kids in Moorhead don't dring special water that is not available in Fargo that makes them better hockey players. I've wondered why Fargo, which is about 4 times the size of Moorhead can not seem to compete more consistently with them.

Why is it that Moorhead is so much stronger than the Fargo teams year in and year out? Other than the playing of better competition -- probably a large part of it -- it seems as though the two cities would have similar youth programs. One youth program should not be that much better than the other should it?

Moorhead only has one main high school as fargo has 3 hockey schools 4 coutning west fargo but you cant count them. If u combine all the fargo schools with there best players, i think we would all see them beating moorhead a lot more.

hey RR is still #1 or #2 with fargo south

DL far 3rd then after up for grabs prolly id say either GPR or FN

ugly season for GFC as there star player quit

RR and South are very good teams this year, I cant wait to go to Fargo on the 9th to watch them meet head to head. Central is having a hard season this year, but, I dont believe they can blame it to much on Alex Simonson quiting, he wasnt doing to much for the team this year. He is a very talented played, just not putting up the points. It could be because he may not have got enough playing time or something was wrong, I dont have enough info. to say anything more about it.

Why is it that Moorhead is so much stronger than the Fargo teams year in and year out? Other than the playing of better competition and having 3 schools -- probably a large part of it -- it seems as though the two cities would have similar youth programs being so close together. One youth program should not be that much better than the other should it? The kids in Moorhead don't dring special water that is not available in Fargo that makes them better hockey players. I've wondered why Fargo, which is about 4 times the size of Moorhead can not seem to compete more consistently with them.

I asked that very question of someone who coached in both programs. His answer is that there is really very little difference in any of the major youth programs (fargo, moorhead, GF, Roseau, Warroad, Bloomington, etc.) but the difference comes at the bantam/high school level when the kids really decide, not necessarily which sport they will continue to play, but rather which sport will be their #1. There are plenty of Moorhead hockey players who have played other sports (admittedly not the ones in the NHL but you get the point) besides hockey, but when it comes to which camps they go to, or what skills they practice at home, at Moorhead it is hockey, and at South it is football. An assessment which has merit I think.