SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. UNO

LeftyZL

I didn't really know where to post this, so I figured I start a new thread. Myself as well as a few others are planning on making the trek down to Omaha on Saturday. Is anyone else on this board planning on doing the same? Also, does anyone what the ticket allocation process is for a road play-off game, if there is one at all? Last and certainly not least, anyone know of some decent hotels to stay at in Omaha that are reasonably priced?

There is a best western on 108th and L that's pretty decent and resonable. there is also a holiday inn on 72nd and Grover that's closer to the UNO campus.

Should be pretty nice weather for saturdays game. the last one was a great game. I expect no less this time around. UNO needs to do a litte better job covering dressler this time around. Looking forward to all the ND fans making the trip.

Is the band coming again?

There is a best western on 108th and L that's pretty decent and resonable. there is also a holiday inn on 72nd and Grover that's closer to the UNO campus.

Should be pretty nice weather for saturdays game. the last one was a great game. I expect no less this time around. UNO needs to do a litte better job covering dressler this time around. Looking forward to all the ND fans making the trip.

Is tailgating allowed at the stadium?

There is a parking garage on the east side of the stadium where tailgating is allowed.

There are several hotels (Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, DoubleTree) on the 72nd Street exit on I-80 that are all fairly close to the UNO campus.

I'm not sure about the crows. The Huskers play on Friday so the game won't be competing with them, but the holiday might affect turnout some. The weather should be decent. I'm hoping it's a big turnout.

The band is not going to be traveling to Omaha....

You could also try a Super 8... Those are usually pretty nice with decent prices and friendly service...

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

There are many reasonably-priced hotels near the UNO campus. But if you have any trouble finding something let me know. My parents were both born and raised in Bismarck and have lived in Omaha for 25+ years. They will be going to the game (decked out in Sioux gear) and can help make arrangements for people travelling from ND if needed.

Also, for anyone interested in taking in some hockey games while in town:

The Omaha Lancers (play in Council Bluffs) will host Sioux Falls on Friday night and Lincoln on Saturday night.

UNO hosts Notre Dame both Friday and Saturday nights.

I booked my room tonight at the Doubletree Hotel-Downtown on Dodge Street in Omaha. Looks like a sweet place. How far from the UNO campus is the hotel? Are there any good bars/clubs in the area? Also, doesn't look too far from the Qwest Center either, so how tough is it to get tickets for the UNO-Notre Dame hockey game on Saturday? What else should we hit up around town?

How many Sioux fans are making this trip??? I hope there are many. I talked to Sarah Newgard today, and there won't be any Alumni function going on like there was at UNI. So, we're on our own as far as the tailgating festivities for Saturday morning.

I booked my room tonight at the Doubletree Hotel-Downtown on Dodge Street in Omaha. Looks like a sweet place. How far from the UNO campus is the hotel? Are there any good bars/clubs in the area? Also, doesn't look too far from the Qwest Center either, so how tough is it to get tickets for the UNO-Notre Dame hockey game on Saturday? What else should we hit up around town?

you are going to be about 4 miles away from campus. It's a straight shot up dodge street. you will be down in the old market area, which is the place to be on the weekends. plenty of bars within walking distance of the hotel. I know old chicago is a hangout for UNO fans after hockey.

It will be real easy to get tickets for UNO hockey. the arena seats 12,000, and we average about 5,000 per game. you can buy tickets on the street for $10 and pretty much sit anywhere you want.

If you have never been to the zoo before, it's worth checking out. one of the top 5 zoos in the nation. (it's on 10th street by rosenblatt stadium. check out the college hockey travel guide for more info on things to see and do.