SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Frozen Four / Schianoville at Rutgers

JESUS,family,rutgers

I was a kid when the Rutgers basketball team went to the Final Four so I can't remember if things got this big back then. Is that how it is for Fighting Sioux fans during Frozen Four runs? Hope you guys enjoy the pictures----My Webpage

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Those pictures are awesome.

I haven't seen it quite like that. I believe Rutgers might have more students than UND? I guess I don't know for sure. We have had kids wait all night long for tickets to the Frozen Four. On a side note, on Friday this last weekend, I had a lady tell me I was nuts for waiting an hour and a half to get into the game and get a good seat. I laughed! :lol:

The entire university has 48,000 students if you include the Camden,Newark, and New Brunswick/Piscataway campuses. The New Brunswick/Piscataway campus has about 30,000 by itself. At sunrise, there were two helicopters from local televsion stations filming the students in line for tickets. It seems after thirty years we are back where we were in 1976--an undefeated football team and a stadium that is too small for the crowds. Now if we can just get Louisville to cooperate Thursday night on ESPN!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

I was a kid when the Rutgers basketball team went to the Final Four so I can't remember if things got this big back then. Is that how it is for Fighting Sioux fans during Frozen Four runs? Hope you guys enjoy the pictures----My Webpage

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

I recall the students camping for hockey season tickets a few September's ago, but that was squashed in short order (correct me if I'm wrong).

Originally, students tickets were going to become available today and the AD said he would not turn away any students who came on Thursday night. That was before this morning when 10,500 student tickets went in only four hours. THe university has now realized Thursday could become a safety concern if we keep letting more and more students into the game so it looks the cutoff point is about 45,000 for our 41,500 seat stadium.