SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Wins at Omaha this Weekend

THE UND

I can understand why Wayne Nelson predicted a UNO win today, but what's the deal with him giving them the advantage over UND on defense? The numbers suggest otherwise, and UNO is known to be suspect against the pass (which Wayne even admits). That seems like curious logic to give them the advantage simply because they give up roughly 10 fewer rushing yards per game, and they're playing at home.

He may be trying the old "Ryan Bakken" / "Virg Foss"...Motivation technique...I'm not sure, he will be rooting for the Sioux I do know that.

I can understand why Wayne Nelson predicted a UNO win today, but what's the deal with him giving them the advantage over UND on defense? The numbers suggest otherwise, and UNO is known to be suspect against the pass (which Wayne even admits). That seems like curious logic to give them the advantage simply because they give up roughly 10 fewer rushing yards per game, and they're playing at home.

The fact that Wayne Nelson picked against UND at all is a shock. He is without question the biggest UND homer in the media, except maybe for Tony "The Cogswell Cannon" Stein! :silly:

It doesn't matter what the media thinks anyway. The players and coaches will decide the outcome of this game.