SiouxSports.com Forum

Possible FSSN Satellite Locations

bincitysioux

O.K. I'm a bit of a techno-junkie (or geek as my wife like to say :D ) but I want all Sioux fans to be able to enjoy Fighting Sioux Athletics where ever they are! The following is a link to establishments around the U.S. that hold U of Montana vs. Montana St. satellite parties for football and basketball games. The reason this site is important to us (Fighting Sioux Fans) is because the Montana schools broadcast their games the same way that UND does hockey, football, and basketball on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. These establishments likely have the equipment required to get the FSSN.

Here is the link to the establishments: Satellite Locations/Montana Alumni

Here are the coordinates for the FSSN:

Intelsat Americas 8 at 89 deg W

K17 slot B - 9MHz

Ku band download frequency 12044.5 V

L band download frequency 1294.5V

symbol rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

PMT 480

Video 481

Audio 484 (primary L &R)

The important part of that mumbo jumbo is:

Satellite: IA-8 89 deg W

Down Freq: 12044

Symbol Rate: 4880

Polarity: Vertical (V)

If you find a sports bar with Free-To-Air satellite, give them that info and they can get the game.

Here are the games available this year on the FSSN: FSSN Schedule

UND, in the small market of Grand Forks, is lucky to receive the TV coverage that we do and Sioux fans should take advantage of it. If you live in an area near one of these establishments, jot down the info I put in bold and take it to them if you're interested in watching the Sioux, and chances are they can get it for you. That is why they invested in the equipment.

Bincity, can you send that information to Nancy Nelson with the UND Alumni Association. I had a conversation with her a week or so ago about this. I got it going at Joe Sensor's in Minneapolis but she is having trouble getting the same thing off the ground in other cities. Here's her email, thanks

nancyn@undalumni.net

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

Bincity, can you send that information to Nancy Nelson with the UND Alumni Association. I had a conversation with her a week or so ago about this. I got it going at Joe Sensor's in Minneapolis but she is having trouble getting the same thing off the ground in other cities. Here's her email, thanks

nancyn@undalumni.net

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

WILL DO