SiouxSports.com Forum

WI Road Trip

LFSPRO

I think I have six tickets for the Badger series in Madison in October and am looking for suggestions on where to stay.

Based on another post it looks like rooms may be hard to find since it is also a big football game on the same weekend.

Would like to take in football game as well, any ideas on how to get tickets for this.

I think I have six tickets for the Badger series in Madison in October and am looking for suggestions on where to stay.

Based on another post it looks like rooms may be hard to find since it is also a big football game on the same weekend.

Would like to take in football game as well, any ideas on how to get tickets for this.

Two close places to stay are the Double Tree (I believe its a Double Tree) and the University Inn. If you want a decent hotel, choose the Double Tree. If you are there to party, and dont mind the hotel, choose the University Inn. Either way they are both within walking distance of the KC and right by the bar scene.

As for the football tickets, good luck. It's homecoming, and it's against the Gophers. You can always try the ebay, stubhub, etc but you're going to pay.

All the downtown hotels that are walking distance to Kohl Center are booked solid. Your best bet is to just do a hotels.com search and find something 10 minutes from campus in Middleton or on the East side of town. For football tickets just wait until gameday and get some on the street, it won't be a problem even though it's homecoming, with 80,000 tickets sold at least 1000 change hands on gameday. Six together might be a stretch but you'll get in, as much as I hate Bucky it is a pretty nice stadium and a cool football environment now that they renovated it. I'll be tailgating with some Gopher football buddies at Edgewood High School 1/2 mile west of Camp Randall.