SiouxSports.com Forum

REA on display

PCM

The Herald today has a good article on how Ralph Engelstad Arena continues to draw people to Grand Forks, even in the off-season. Also check out the multimedia slideshow.

REA on display

Touring the Ralph Engelstad Arena is still a popular pastime that draws visitors from far and wide

The summer tourist season draws a unique mix of visitors to tour areas in the Ralph Engelstad Arena that are usually off-limits to the public during the UND athletic season. On most weekdays, the 3 p.m. tour is full.

"The summer months are busier. We have 15 to 25 people per day," explained Jody Hodgson, general manager of the Ralph Engelstad Arena, which is more commonly referred to as "The Ralph" or the REA.

I know that they only give tours during the weekdays but is it possible for people to walk around the arena on Saturdays (official tour unecessary)? My CanadiEn boyfriend and his parents will be coming with me to NoDak this week and the bf and I would really like to take his parents to the arena. With the time though, the only day we can get to GF is on Saturday. We dont have a group of 12 to make a special request either. I dont want to waste our time if the only thing we get to see is the Sioux Shop. Anybody know here??

I know that they only give tours during the weekdays but is it possible for people to walk around the arena on Saturdays (official tour unecessary)? My CanadiEn boyfriend and his parents will be coming with me to NoDak this week and the bf and I would really like to take his parents to the arena. With the time though, the only day we can get to GF is on Saturday. We dont have a group of 12 to make a special request either. I dont want to waste our time if the only thing we get to see is the Sioux Shop. Anybody know here??

My son and his wife will be here next week end. While they've been to many games, they've never toured the Ralph. My other son and I would like to go as well. That brings the number up to 8. I can get four others to go as well. We could ask for a special tour then.

My son and his wife will be here next week end. While they've been to many games, they've never toured the Ralph. My other son and I would like to go as well. That brings the number up to 8. I can get four others to go as well. We could ask for a special tour then.

Well it would be me, the CanadiEn, his two parents and my two parents. So 6 for me..does that change the number??

Well it would be me, the CanadiEn, his two parents and my two parents. So 6 for me..does that change the number??

I just called Rob. He's not sure if they will be here this coming week end or the next one. Doesn't matter. Six for you and two for me and I can get four more. Are you in Forks? If not, I'll call the Ralph tomorrow and try to get it set up. Who knows, they may already have some people who want to tour on the week end. Saturday, right?

I just called Rob. He's not sure if they will be here this coming week end or the next one. Doesn't matter. Six for you and two for me and I can get four more. Are you in Forks? If not, I'll call the Ralph tomorrow and try to get it set up. Who knows, they may already have some people who want to tour on the week end. Saturday, right?

I am in Chicago right now. We will get to Fargo on Friday so yes, Saturday is best. All tours are at 3pm correct?

I am in Chicago right now. We will get to Fargo on Friday so yes, Saturday is best. All tours are at 3pm correct?

They are during the week but I'm not sure about the week-end. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Any other SS.com folk want to join the tour?

(I love Chicago; my home town!)

They are during the week but I'm not sure about the week-end. I let you know tomorrow.

Any other SS.com folk want to join the tour?

(I love Chicago; my home town!)

Thanks!! ;)

(Sometimes I like it, sometimes I dont...I can see the appeal but its not for me long-term, which thank goodness it wont be)