SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey Camp

HockeyMom

Sending the kid for the first time this summer. Does anyone have one going? Anyone had a kid attend in the past? Stories?

I'm getting a little veclempt.....discuss amongst yourselves.

My younger son went every summer for several years. Nancy worked his butt off and his disliked her on the ice but loved her off ice. Jason Blake used his stick, loved it and that became 'his' stick all the way into the NHL. Kid loved that!!

You getting a little verclempt about sending him here!!! Wait until you send him out of state!! ;)

But if they love hockey and want to get on a team, the way competition is now, lots of kids need that extra ice, coaching time.

My nephew has gone for a few years. The first year, his first day here, he and a few others were playing dodgeball when they had free time that evening. He tripped on the cracked sidewalk/pavement and broke his arm! His Mom was NOT impressed! Neither was my husband, since he was the one that had to take him to the ER and sit there till 4AM when they finished setting Dain's arm. :lol:

Sending the kid for the first time this summer. Does anyone have one going? Anyone had a kid attend in the past? Stories?

oh its so fun!! ive gone for the past couple of years and its awesome. you get to see all the hockey players, men and women, and coaches. even if they are not your coach or counselor, they are so fun to be around. you can basically just walk upi to them and have a conversation. thats how nice those guys are. they re awesome to be around, and omg they are hilarious, and they are great coaches, and they make it fun.

oh its so fun!! ive gone for the past couple of years and its awesome. you get to see all the hockey players, men and women, and coaches. even if they are not your coach or counselor, they are so fun to be around. you can basically just walk upi to them and have a conversation. thats how nice those guys are. they re awesome to be around, and they are great coaches, and they make it fun.

you leave with a LOT of stories too! and you play with a great skill range. it is very easy to make friends. i absolutely love it and i look forward to it every summer. the plus side, you get to hang at the ralph all day and you go to Wilkerson for lunch, swimming(if they dont want to, the whole group stays back atthe rink and they get an hour to do whatever they want(reasonably), like watch practices, shoot in the zamboni room, hang in the training rooms, locker rooms. and i am telling you, that can be really fun. locker boxing is a personal fave of mine) your kid will have an awesome time and will leave with a lot of memories.oh ive got stories. just none that your child might be able to relate too....:lol:

I am sending my son for the July 9th thru the 15th session. We sent him to the camp last year as a 9 year old. This was his first camp away from home. He stayed in the dorms and had a blast. He met kids from all over the state as well as kids from out of state. My son loved meeting the Sioux players, and now watches every game, knows all the players stats, nicknames, and who drafted them. The first night was a little tough but he settled in and had a great time. If he is staying at the camp in the dorms, I suggest a cooler with lots of drinks, a big fan , because the dorms get hot, and maybe a visit midweek so he doesn't get homesick. The on ice and off ice programs were very good, and the players and coaches treated the kids great. Matt Greene had the entire 9 year old group convinced that the scar from his shoulder surgery was really from a shark bite he had gotten that spring when he was in Florida. Funny stuff!! His story was so good that my son still argues with me about how he got the scar.

I am sending my son for the July 9th thru the 15th session. We sent him to the camp last year as a 9 year old. This was his first camp away from home. He stayed in the dorms and had a blast. He met kids from all over the state as well as kids from out of state. My son loved meeting the Sioux players, and now watches every game, knows all the players stats, nicknames, and who drafted them. The first night was a little tough but he settled in and had a great time. If he is staying at the camp in the dorms, I suggest a cooler with lots of drinks, a big fan , because the dorms get hot, and maybe a visit midweek so he doesn't get homesick. The on ice and off ice programs were very good, and the players and coaches treated the kids great. Matt Greene had the entire 9 year old group convinced that the scar from his shoulder surgery was really from a shark bite he had gotten that spring when he was in Florida. Funny stuff!! His story was so good that my son still argues with me about how he got the scar.

:lol::lol: him and andy schneider tried to convince me that mike prpich and drew were gay. :lol: