SiouxSports.com Forum

The real Champions

Prpichrocks_19

Well then stop using the Grand Forks Herald pre-season poll as an argument to show that the Sioux overachieved this season.

Fine. I don't have to use any polls because it's simply a matter of opinion as to whether the Sioux overachieved or not.

You're basing your opinon entirely on 20/20 hindsight. It's easy at this point in time to say that the Sioux were a good team and had a legitimate shot at winning a national championship once they got through the regionals. Nobody is debating that. Once they got to the Frozen Four, they had as good as shot as any team there of winning it all. Nobody is debating that. (I could, however, use your own reasoning against you and say that because Wisconsin was hosting the Frozen Four in Milwaukee, no team other than the Badgers could possibly have won it.)

I'm looking at the season in its totality, not just the end. It's one thing to have a team with a lot of great young talent and another thing to bring that talent together as a team, a team that plays well together consistently throughout the playoffs. We found out during 2001-2002 season just how difficult that is to accomplish. Contrary to what you believe, it's not a foregone conclusion.

I understand your bitterness about the Gophers throwing away their chances for post-season success, but coming here to berate the Sioux for failing to accomplish what you thought they should isn't going to change the fact that your favorite team underachieved on a scale of Biblical proportions.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your bitterness about the Gophers throwing away their chances for post-season success, but coming here to berate the Sioux for failing to accomplish what you thought they should isn't going to change the fact that your favorite team underachieved on a scale of Biblical proportions.

Saying that the Sioux did not overachieve is not berating them. If anything I'm complimenting their talent level by saying they didn't overachieve. By the end of the season I expected them to be a very good team, which they were. My team absolutely underachieved this post season but that has nothing to do with my opinion of the Sioux.

Although I am going to recieve flak for this, I don't see buckysieve as being all that berating towards the Sioux in his assessment. It may not be entirely too flattering and it could be viewed upon in different means, but I don't think he is outright disrespectful... Too bad he can't be less berating about what he thinks of Sioux fans.

In any case, PCM, if you want to see Sioux berate-ment, look up specifics and read his posts.

Although I am going to recieve flak for this, I don't see buckysieve as being all that berating towards the Sioux in his assessment. It may not be entirely too flattering and it could be viewed upon in different means, but I don't think he is outright disrespectful...

I never said he was disrespectful. I do, however, think his analysis of what the Sioux should have accomplished using 20/20 hindsight is silly.

Edited by PCM

(I could, however, use your own reasoning against you and say that because Wisconsin was hosting the Frozen Four in Milwaukee, no team other than the Badgers could possibly have won it.)

If you would have just told us this at the beginning of the season the NCAA could have just given the Badgers the championship back in October. What a waste of seven months of hockey. :lol:

If you would have just told us this at the beginning of the season the NCAA could have just given the Badgers the championship back in October. What a waste of seven months of hockey. :lol:

In which case we could argue that the Sioux did awfully well despite the already known outcome of the season. It's truly difficult to play a 7 month season when you know already that there's no way you're going to win it all.