SiouxSports.com Forum

? for current und fans

siouxfan45

If you want to stand all game feel free, but I hope you enjoy the last row in the upper deck. That is the only place in the arena that standing during the game will be tolerated. A quick search of the board will give you thousands of replies regarding the standing vs not standing issue over the past 4 years. :D

The student section started standing for whatever reason in the mid 90s in the old REA. It wasn't that big a deal but the radio and TV people would comment time to time that it made it difficult to see when the play was along the near boards. It continued after the move to the new REA but now they were obstructing the view of the folks that paid top $$$$$ for their suites located at the top of the student section. The last few years the REA staff and athletic department have been working on ways to try to make everyone happy, everyone but the students. The students don't stand anymore, just when the staff lets them. The next round of this will be fought in the next month or so is my guess as my ticket renewal is due by 1 Jun.

The student section and the environment of the REA will be an education in itself.