SiouxSports.com Forum

this years recuiting class

sioux2233

9 members have voted

1. 1. this years recuiting class

Until February 5th (and really, until five years from now), it is difficult to make any judgements, other than NDSU is ahead in skill players. Trends that are clear:

- UND seems to own North Dakota grads.

- NDSU is moving strongly into the Chicago area, with even more Illinois signings likely.

Key factors before Feb 5th:

Will Babich's impending move cause 'SU to lose any verbals?

How many of the athletes waiting for a Div I opportunity will UND sign?

Key question after Feb 5th:

Will NDSU have a public relations problem if no North Dakota athletes are awarded even a partial scholarship?

• 2 weeks later...

What strikes me about this year's recruiting class is how many of them not only compete in other sports, but excel at them. Bauer, Thomas, Ott, Turgeon, Wenzel and Alexander are all very good track and field athletes. Ott, Bauer, Thomas, Stewart, Austin (obviously), Presthus, Reiff and White are all good basketball players. Bonnet and Cadwell are outstanding wrestlers. And in what may be a first for UND football recruits, Meek is a lacrosse star.

The one stat that really jumped out at me was Andy White's 18 sacks as a senior. Wow! Considering how seldom many high school teams throw the ball--particularly in the weather of the upper midwest--that's an incredible number. At 6'6" and with good athletic ability, he's got a lot of potential as a pass rusher.