SiouxSports.com Forum

FIGHTING SIOUX PRIDE!

Bannockburn

I hope everyone was able to see the Fighting Sioux pride shine on Sat night after the final five win.

From the "Hi-Five" line at corner of the Holiday Inn to the congratulations/beers from the St. Cloud, CC, and Wisconsin fans at McGoverns in St. Paul.

No riots or car burns, like certain other teams.............

How about the high fives in the arena before and after the game on saturday? It was a great display. I made a snide comment about maybe burning a few garbage cans and tipping some cars over, but I think only my friends heard me.

I hope everyone was able to see the Fighting Sioux pride shine on Sat night after the final five win.

From the "Hi-Five" line at corner of the Holiday Inn to the congratulations/beers from the St. Cloud, CC, and Wisconsin fans at McGoverns in St. Paul.

Right on! GO SIOUX!

Never after the Final Five....unless you count Tyler Hirsch's stunt last year after they lost the 3rd place game.

But the Gopher's did riot after winning the Fronzen Four when it was here a couple years ago.

they tried to burn Dinky town down the next year too - even when the games were out of town. I know all too well as I had to detour buses around the area - twice

go Holy Cross and GO SIOUX

Are you really comparing winning the final five to a national championship? I think there are many on this board that would have a problem with that. :ohmy:

Last year. 2 ALL WCHA Tournaments.

:(?:lol: Could you say that in english please? It sounds like you are crowing about winning the Broadmoor? It's a nice accomplishment, congrats. I think the prospect of hanging #8 dwarfs any Final five trophy or regular season title.

:(?:lol: Could you say that in english please? It sounds like you are crowing about winning the Broadmoor? It's a nice accomplishment, congrats. I think the prospect of hanging #8 dwarfs any Final five trophy or regular season title.

No $hit, but where does it say it's OK to loot and pillage because you win a national championship ?

I think we need to focus on Michigan rather than worry about celebrating after a Final Five or NCAA Title. Need to take care of business on the ice before we can celebrate off the ice. Yes, we won the Final Five tournament, but there are bigger and better out there, and I'm sure the boys are well aware of that. The Final 5 Title is a nice catalyst for them to start the NCAA tournament strong.

I have to comment on this year's fans during the Final Five. Contrary to 2004 when the Gophers defeated the Sioux in a fabulously-played championship game, this year's version of UM fans at the Final Five was quite different. I didn't hear any of the usual comments I get to withstand following a Gopher win in a tournament, whether it be over UND or anyone else.

However, hop on over to GopherPuckLive and see some of the comments on there. Here's a sample:

A picture of two guys in seats with the boards with a sign reading:

Mullet hair cut: $5

Trailer in N Dakota: $300

Watching the Sioux/Huskies in the championship: Worthless

(to which I added, "knowing those two bozos paid good money for those seats to watch the Sioux win: Priceless)

I also noted a poster who amongst his top ten highlights of the Final Five was yelling "seig heil" at Sioux fans walking by their group. I'm glad I didn't happen upon that gathering.

Other than those two instances, I think things were pretty quiet. No, Gopher fans didn't burn down Minneapolis and bigger prizes lie ahead than the Broadmoor Trophy, but quite a difference from 2004 to 2006 from the 'home' crowd.