SiouxSports.com Forum

problems at SW MN State

UND92,96

SW MN State fired very successful women's coach Kelly Krueger after last season (I never did hear why), and now after one year, fired his replacement Mike Power link, apparently in large part because he had asked several scholarship players not to return next year. I can't recall a school firing its coach, and then firing the replacement one year later. :D

SW MN State fired very successful women's coach Kelly Krueger after last season (I never did hear why), and now after one year, fired his replacement Mike Power link, apparently in large part because he had asked several scholarship players not to return next year. I can't recall a school firing its coach, and then firing the replacement one year later. :ohmy:

it seems to be trouble down there, maybe they need to look for quality and not so much head coaching experience. a lot of coaches in the NSIC and NCC will be looking at that job if they are not scared of the mess that has been created. I would think they would look to the NCC first, look at your top schools and the seasons they have had.

• 2 weeks later...

In order to grow the program in a direction he wanted, Power cleaned house and dismissed a hometown player. Turns out the family was affluent in the community and buddy-buddy with the pres. Power refused to reinstate the player and was promptly "reassigned" within the department. It wouldn't surprise me if Kruger was dismissed in much the same way. Maybe Kruger didn't want this certain player on his team in the first place :love: