SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux - Huskies Final Five Championship Game

dagies

Honestly it is so fun to watch all this talent come together in the past month. I love seeing my FIGHTING SIOUX make a run like this almost every year. Obviously Hak knows what he's doing and how to get this team ready when it counts. Would be great to win the Broadmoor tonight and get some momentum going into regionals. In my mind this is easily the best freshman class in the country:

It seems like our freshman carry this team pointwise about 75% of the games. They have really come through when it mattered. I love seeing Duncan take that wrister. He has such a nice shot, and yes he has shot over the net a few times this year, but I will take 50 shots over the net if he can come up with goals that huge and that pretty. Kaip had a breakout game yesterday. One of the best players on the ice yesterday defensively I thought. And how great it was to finally see him score(2 goals!!!). Chorney had a fantastic game last night, as did Finley. Toews played his usual very solid and reliable self. Oshie was one of the best players on the ice every shift last night, his work ethic is the best I have ever seen at any level. Watkins and Kozek worked very hard all day yesterday, and Watkins had a beauty of an assist. It was nice to hear Woog say that when he talked to Oshie, TJ said that Watkins is probably the unsung hero of the team because he works so hard, he just has been snakebitten. Prpich had a nice game yesterday. Lee played fairly well. Zajac had a very good game I thought. Spirko also. What a game this should be tonight. We need JPar to carry us. Goaltending is essential at this part of the season(as Minny found out last night....what the heck was going on?). Good luck to all teams today, and I hope to see a good 3rd place game also. GO SIOUX!!!

Honestly it is so fun to watch all this talent come together in the past month. I love seeing my FIGHTING SIOUX make a run like this almost every year. Obviously Hak knows what he's doing and how to get this team ready when it counts. Would be great to win the Broadmoor tonight and get some momentum going into regionals. In my mind this is easily the best freshman class in the country:

It seems like our freshman carry this team pointwise about 75% of the games. They have really come through when it mattered. I love seeing Duncan take that wrister. He has such a nice shot, and yes he has shot over the net a few times this year, but I will take 50 shots over the net if he can come up with goals that huge and that pretty. Kaip had a breakout game yesterday. One of the best players on the ice yesterday defensively I thought. And how great it was to finally see him score(2 goals!!!). Chorney had a fantastic game last night, as did Finley. Toews played his usual very solid and reliable self. Oshie was one of the best players on the ice every shift last night, his work ethic is the best I have ever seen at any level. Watkins and Kozek worked very hard all day yesterday, and Watkins had a beauty of an assist. It was nice to hear Woog say that when he talked to Oshie, TJ said that Watkins is probably the unsung hero of the team because he works so hard, he just has been snakebitten. Prpich had a nice game yesterday. Lee played fairly well. Zajac had a very good game I thought. Spirko also. What a game this should be tonight. We need JPar to carry us. Goaltending is essential at this part of the season(as Minny found out last night....what the heck was going on?). Good luck to all teams today, and I hope to see a good 3rd place game also. GO SIOUX!!!

Wasn't there discussion on this board about how Oshie can't skate? I guess I'm no expert, but I think the kid is hard to get off his skates, and when he does, he's back up quicker than you can say "underrated" :lol:

Loved Woog's comment about how that line has six skates moving all the time...

GO SIOUX!

Wasn't there discussion on this board about how Oshie can't skate? I guess I'm no expert, but I think the kid is hard to get off his skates, and when he does, he's back up quicker than you can say "underrated" :lol:

Loved Woog's comment about how that line has six skates moving all the time...

GO SIOUX!

It's been discussed, and if you watch him, you can tell that he's not the smoothest skater. However, his continuous effort makes up for that. He does go down frequently, but he gets right back up really quick.