SiouxSports.com Forum

A couple things

pro17

Someones sig line you miss 100% of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky"

here's something someone can answer for me..

what is with spirko not ever shoooting the puck?? I love him and his play, i think he is a very gifted player, but why does he come in the zone on a two on one, curl into the boards, and set it up EVERY TIME. I understand they are a cycle the puck offensive team, but throw one on net every now and again and see what happens.. is it a confidence thing? snakebit? or is it the Euro (Russian of the 80's) in him to not veer from the coaches gameplan?

here's something someone can answer for me..

what is with spirko not ever shoooting the puck?? I love him and his play, i think he is a very gifted player, but why does he come in the zone on a two on one, curl into the boards, and set it up EVERY TIME. I understand they are a cycle the puck offensive team, but throw one on net every now and again and see what happens.. is it a confidence thing? snakebit? or is it the Euro (Russian of the 80's) in him to not veer from the coaches gameplan?

I would vote that his confidence isn't there this season, maybe someone has the Stat but it at least seemed like he shot the puck more last season. He also has been the subject of alot more physical attention from the opposition this season too.

I would vote that his confidence isn't there this season, maybe someone has the Stat but it at least seemed like he shot the puck more last season. He also has been the subject of alot more physical attention from the opposition this season too.

i too have noticed the increase on physical attention brought his way, but he is still cycling the puck awesome, he's still making pretty plays, but he is passing to a covered zajac or oshie rather than taking the shot....i'm probably being a little biased being a shoot first, pass second guy (bochenski), but he has a nice accurate wrister when he let's go

actually hes on pace for more shots per game this year since the season is not over and he has played and will play less games counting if they play in the ncaa title game

2004/2005 spirko, 87 shots, 45 games played, 16/21 - 37pts

2005/2006 (missed 7 games this year) spirko, 81 shots (season still going), 34 games played, 8/19 - 27pts

actually hes on pace for more shots per game this year since the season is not over and he has played and will play less games counting if they play in the ncaa title game

2004/2005 spirko, 87 shots, 45 games played, 16 /21 - 47pts

2005/2006 (missed 4 games this year) spirko, 81 shots (season still going), 34 games played, 8 /19 - 27pts

maybe this is why it "seems" like he is shooting less. could just be that they are in the offensive zone so damn much, that he passes on opportunities more often because they know they are going to be back there in 2 minutes.

A little late, but Prpich doesn't deserve the 'A.' It should have been given to Stafford or Fabian months ago.

Secondly, I wonder if the coaching staff has addressed Duncan's shot. I've never seen a college hockey player shoot it over the net more often in my life.

Geeze!!! :)

Prpich has a role on this team that helps the team score goals and stops the opponents from scoring goals. After the Gopher series, a couple of Goof's were asked how a 'soft' Sioux goal happened> their response? "We were distracted by Prpich". The team knows his value and showed it by 'awarding' him the "A".

REAL Sioux fans recognize his value to the team as well! When he scored a goal during the last regulation home game, he got a standing O from hundreds/thousands of Sioux fans. Last week end one of his game worn jerseys went for TWO GRAND!!! Jordy's went for $1025. the week end before. I was lucky and got my two game worn Prp jerseys for less. ;)

I want to insert an insult here but will refrain. My Ma would have been proud. :lol:

Geeze!!! :)

Prpich has a role on this team that helps the team score goals and stops the opponents from scoring goals. After the Gopher series, a couple of Goof's were asked how a 'soft' Sioux goal happened> their response? "We were distracted by Prpich". The team knows his value and showed it by 'awarding' him the "A".

REAL Sioux fans recognize his value to the team as well! When he scored a goal during the last regulation home game, he got a standing O from hundreds/thousands of Sioux fans. Last week end one of his game worn jerseys went for TWO GRAND!!! Jordy's went for $1025. the week end before. I was lucky and got my two game worn Prp jerseys for less. ;)

I want to insert an insult here but will refrain. My Ma would have been proud. :lol:

I agree. Prpich is a BIG distraction for opposing players on the ice. Sure he takes occasional ill-timed penalties, but that's no different from any of the players we've cherished in the past. I may not like those penalties, but I think he's done a great job as an assistant captain.

All things considered, I think our captains did a really good job this regular season. Now let's see them lead us this post season!

A little late, but Prpich doesn't deserve the 'A.' It should have been given to Stafford or Fabian months ago.

Secondly, I wonder if the coaching staff has addressed Duncan's shot. I've never seen a college hockey player shoot it over the net more often in my life.

You forgot to add that Smaby can't check very well either :lol:

My couple of things:

1. Triouxper is consistant. That's all you can ask for. :)

2. Duncan could very well outscore both Oshie and Toews during his Sioux career.

yes he can, because he will be there 4 yers and the others will not, maybe that was your point as well :lol:

#1 - You don't "deserve" an "A"nswer, either, so I'll pass (see signature below for reason).

#2 - Don't watch much college hockey, do you!

You obviously never saw Adam Calder on breakaways. :lol: