SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Siouxdonyms

Belarus...whatever happened to them anyways? I enjoyed watching them in 2002, then they fell off the map. Wasn't there something about Nike donating uniforms to the country since they couldn't afford to pay for them?

And is it just me or do some of the uniforms (Germany, Italy, and maybe Finland) have screen-printed names and numbers?

Nike did all the hockey jersey this year. Compared to past years all the jersey look like crap...IMHO

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess Belarus did not qualify. I think some of the lower teams have to play some sort of Olympic Qualification Tourney?? I could be wrong though.

There is some re-structuring of teams at the bottom. I know the women's had positioning games for every team that didn't make the medal round. It must be something like the Tournament of the Americas for basketball entries and the baseball preliminaries where Team USA's scrubs were defeated by Mexico a few years ago.

WOW - I am impressed. Finland killed off the 2 man advantage. Nittymaki looks great and defensively Finland is unbelievable! Still 3-0 Finland 1 1/2 to go in the period.

The updates come fast and furious, Tsiouxnami. If I were a dog, I'd be humping your leg right now.

2nd period ends. . . .Finland up 3-0. Finland is, in my opinion, taking it to the Russians a bit. They also appear to be getting stronger as the game goes on. Wow, if this continues, the Gold Medal game will be AWESOME! I have to give this period to the Finns....they have been very effective shutting down Ovechkin. Wonder if Malkin playing would have made any difference?