SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Gophers

Siouxdonyms

Unless the Sioux don't start playing a more disciplined style of hockey, they are going to have a tough time winning games playing short-handed. With that being said, the ref has to call it both ways - some of those calls were terrible (radke). I could have sworn that Fabian was tripped on the first penalty kill but maybe I was just seeing things. I hope Hak has a few choice words for the group to get them going.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They give Prpich an extra two minutes on the call. Bunch of junk. Prpich did give a little extra shove, but it shouldn't have been an extra 2 minutes. 5 on 3 for the Gophers.

That was a good call. I don't know why Goli got a penalty. Prpich elbowed him, held his stick, held Goli's leg between his and punched his head into the ice. What a freaking hack! (But I'd take him on my team)

ok, time to wake up and get going..damn, it should be 4-0 easily. big penalty kill to start the 2nd!! get one back in the 2nd and go from there

why is phil wearing a all black helmet and not his regular helmet?? maybe its new and he has not gotten this one painted or something...

GO SIOUX.............

End of the first. Another lousy 1st period for the Sioux. Gophers making our boys look awful. Need to pull it together in the 2nd.

How can this young team beat the Gophers and the officials combined. I have said it before, this league is filling up with 1st round draft picks and the Officiating is going in the opposite direction. ;)

That was a good call. I don't know why Goli got a penalty. Prpich elbowed him, held his stick, held Goli's leg between his and punched his head into the ice. What a freaking hack! (But I'd take him on my team)

Did I mention my favorite moment from the WJC. The one move wonder tried his one move on the Canadian D and got sat on his butt several times ;););)

How can this young team beat the Gophers and the officials combined. I have said it before, this league is filling up with 1st round draft picks and the Officiating is going in the opposite direction. ;)

The skating of the GOphers is what is causing the penalties for UND. Long ways to go, things have a way of evening out.

The original two minutes for elbowing was a good call. Goligoski than held onto him as much as Prpich was holding onto him. The punch in the head was a love tap, and his helmet never even touched the ice.

The Sioux are indeed playing to lose the game. It's amazing how well Phil is playing though. I hope he keeps it up. Say what you will about the lousy officiating, but we're not giving Campion much of a choice. It WOULD be nice, however, if he would start calling penalties on the Gophers. I saw several interferences... but it wouldn't have made a difference. The first penalty in this now 5 on 3 was bunk as Wheeler grabbed his stick and fell down.

Minnesota, as long as they can make the refs buy it, will forever dominate the PP opportunities.

Smaby on FSN interview at the moment saying how the last meeting of this team is their motivation... Sorry, Matt, but so far, you guys are playing exactly like last time.

Time for a 2nd period where our heads get out of our asses and we start playing disciplined hockey.

The first thing we can do is learn how to pass. If we have to shorten our passes so that this can happen, so be it. But my goodness it's killing us!

Second, clearing the zone. We have to find some way to get the puck out of our zone.

Third, we have to start scoring. We're down 1. We'll probably be down 2 if Minny keeps passing the way they have been doing. We have to start getting quality opportunities. PERIOD. 3 shots on goal on 8 attempts. WOW.

Fourth, we have to win faceoffs. What are we at now? 9 victories on the faceoff vs 13 for the Gophers? Not good.

So we agree it should have been just the elbowing call.

I'd agree to that. I don't know if the elbow really made contact, but it definitely came up. Sioux are already on the penalty kill, and he goes in and does that. It was really a dumb move by Prpich. Need to play smarter. I'm under the assumption that he got his 2nd penalty from the head shot he took, which I thought was a very weak head shot. Seen a lot worse that weren't called.

Woog just confirmed my argument as to why Kessel gets so many points. He shoots more than anyone else, and players pick up his rebounds. He doesn't actually set up the play. Not that he doesn't deserve the points, he just doesn't make the play everyone talks of.