SiouxSports.com Forum

Help in posting appropriately

SFSIOUX#1

I have to admit that I am a novice user on this site meaning I really don't know the in's and out's of posting appropriately when it comes to replying to a topic. I see that PCM and others are able to post a portion of a quote but when I do it, I either quote the entire portion (can be annoying have to continue to scroll through the reply) or I mess it up and just see {quote) and then my attempt at posting. I was hoping some of you could help me out with how to do this or point me in the direction where I could find directions on this subject.

Thanks in advance for your help!!! :D

I have to admit that I am a novice user on this site meaning I really don't know the in's and out's of posting appropriately when it comes to replying to a topic. I see that PCM and others are able to post a portion of a quote but when I do it, I either quote the entire portion (can be annoying have to continue to scroll through the reply) or I mess it up and just see {quote) and then my attempt at posting. I was hoping some of you could help me out with how to do this or point me in the direction where I could find directions on this subject.

Thanks in advance for your help!!! ;)

Just try to make sure that you always have a begining quote and an ending /quote then you should be fine. Anything that is between the quotes should show up in the box. If there are multiple quotes (some inside of other), you must make sure that there are the same numbers of beginnings and ends. The board pretty much automates this, so just don't delete what the board adds.

Here practice on this:

Siouxnami is my hero.

:D

Thanks in advance for your help!!! :D

The quote tags are:

[ quote] = begin quote (without the space between [ and q)

[ /quote] = end quote (without the space between [ and /)

If you remove any part of either quote tag, its really going to mess things up. However, you can edit whats between them all you want. If the quote contains three paragraphs and you only want one, just delete all the text of the other two (but make sure to leave the tags between [ and ] alone!).

• 7 months later...