SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday Night Game Thread

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I greatly miss my season tickets, sitting nine rows behind the net that the Sioux shoot on in the 1st and 3rd period! First year in ten years where I haven't seen a live game yet this far into the year (okay, I saw every home game live practically, for my first 8 years, and then the majority in the last 2 years). Just isn't the same not being there.

On the pre-game interview, DH critical of the UND forwards last night. Says they need to use their size and pressure more.

DH says MN played with desperation last night, and now UND needs to play with desperation tonight.

JPar in net again.

I agree with Hak. When the Sioux did play the body, they were very effective, and it lead to some great chances. However, it didn't happen throughout the entire game. The 2nd period was pretty good as far as playing the body when they were full strength.

Anyone know if Matt Greene is in Edmonton's lineup tonight? I turned the game on, but it's intermission, and don't think intermission will be over before the beginning of the Sioux game. I know he didn't dress on Thursday night, so I'm hoping they give him a chance tonight. He could check Blaker!

Tim asked Smaby if the guys, especially young ones, were a bit nervous before the game last night. He said yes, with additional stress as it was a nationally televised game.

Gophers pressure along the wall so the Sioux need to look to the middle to escape the zone easier. (Watch out for some D zone giveaways. AHHHHHH!)

Feel the Sioux needs a bit better D play and better job getting the puck out of the zone.

Feels the Sioux didn't play physical enough last night, will try to do better tonite.

Hennessey says Shepard says Smaby shoved Stoa into the crease on the controversial goal. Smaby says he did push him, but well before the shot, and that the gophers were standing in the crease like that all game, so it wasn't because he shoved Stoa there.