SiouxSports.com Forum

Looking for Skaters and Goalies

Sioux Traveler

Skate with the rivals fans:

Click for info: http://www.gopherpucklive.com/MsgBrd/portal.php

We are set up at St Thomas for November. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addre...ip=55120&zoom=7

OTHER NOTES:

- New Players: A lot of us have been playing together since Feb. 2002, BUT... new players are always welcome to play. So don't be afraid to sign up!

- Skill Level: We have some players that are highly skilled.... We also have some players that are beginners... So no matter how good you are, don't worry about it.... Just come out and have some fun.

Also... Be sure to enter your skill level in your profile. That way, the coodinator can make teams as even as possible. You can find that setting in the GPL Icetime info area of your Profile.

- Equipment: (Besides the obvious.. Skates & Stick) Required: Helmet, Cup, Gloves and Shinguards. The rest is up to you. If you are a beginner, I would also highly recommend elbowpads. For the most part, skaters tend to wear everything except shoulderpads. Some players wear breezers, some don't. It's up to you.

- Jersey: Make sure you bring a light and dark jersey.... The teams will be Brown vs Yellow so having both is preferable. White or Dark.

:silly:

Call Mike (OHG) if you have any questions 952.233.0310

Skate with the rivals fans:

Click for info: http://www.gopherpucklive.com/MsgBrd/portal.php

We are set up at St Thomas for November. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addre...ip=55120&zoom=7

OTHER NOTES:

- New Players: A lot of us have been playing together since Feb. 2002, BUT... new players are always welcome to play. So don't be afraid to sign up!

- Skill Level: We have some players that are highly skilled.... We also have some players that are beginners... So no matter how good you are, don't worry about it.... Just come out and have some fun.

Also... Be sure to enter your skill level in your profile. That way, the coodinator can make teams as even as possible. You can find that setting in the GPL Icetime info area of your Profile.

- Equipment: (Besides the obvious.. Skates & Stick) Required: Helmet, Cup, Gloves and Shinguards. The rest is up to you. If you are a beginner, I would also highly recommend elbowpads. For the most part, skaters tend to wear everything except shoulderpads. Some players wear breezers, some don't. It's up to you.

- Jersey: Make sure you bring a light and dark jersey.... The teams will be Brown vs Yellow so having both is preferable. White or Dark.

:silly:

Call Mike (OHG) if you have any questions 952.233.0310

I borrowed a set of my green Pizza Factory broomball jerseys last year to BigChief. I know it's short notice, but if you needed them for tonite...

I never was a Bacon Stripped Buck Tooth Squirrel fan, and yes I am a Suck hole cause the trap sucks!!!!!

Careful. If you aren't a two-way forward you'll get a lot heat around here, even if you have like 5-7 goals per game. :silly:

It was great skate last night thanks for setting it up!

• 3 weeks later...

I never was a Bacon Stripped Buck Tooth Squirrel fan, and yes I am a Suck hole cause the trap sucks!!!!!

Its OOHG too you!!!!!!!!!

Oh and also I hate the colors Brown & Yellow ???

if you hate brown and yellow so bad, maybe you should wash those undies once in a awhile! :0;)

WPoS

Edited by WPoS

• 4 weeks later...

LCHA New League

New league forming anybody is welcome, We have givin the ball back to the GP yellers

as we were not welcome there?

http://home.comcast.net/~dspeegs/index.html

email to sign up larry_loosechange@yahoo.com

Funny link http://www.zoomcom.ca/beerleague/

P.S. WPoS, how do you know about my shorts?

Edited by Sioux Traveler

You win the Grand prize, a pair of signature stained Goaldie underpants!!!!

I'll pick them up in a couple years, you'll just hold 'em for me til then OK?

It's a fun skate and would be great training if there is going to be another ss/gpl contest this spring. :lol:

Where are you skatin tonight?

I'm with the "others" tonight, as I signed up before I was aware of the "split." I didn't wade through the soap opera over on GPL and didn't find out about the new league until very recently (when I emailed you.) I'm planning on your south side skates during January, but I just need to make sure my league nights aren't on the same evenings.

I'm with the "others" tonight, as I signed up before I was aware of the "split." I didn't wade through the soap opera over on GPL and didn't find out about the new league until very recently (when I emailed you.) I'm planning on your south side skates during January, but I just need to make sure my league nights aren't on the same evenings.

Sagard does not like us anymore....... :lol::D;)

Will you stop crying about that?

By the way... I never said that people are not welcome.. All I asked was that in order to skate in a GPL skate that you must participate in the site. One simple rule that was just too hard for them to follow so they got all bitter and left.

• 4 months later...
We have ice booked thru the summer and always looking for skaters.

Just email us and show up @ http://www.loosechangehockey.com/

The ice times on GPL have all melted away.. :lol:

My older son lives in Mpls and just started skating again a few weeks ago. He's been playing with whoever but I know he would like to play with a 'set group'. Are you only looking for 'good' players or will some one who is 'relearning' the game fit in. My younger son lives in GF but visits his bro often and would like to play when he's visiting. He's played non-stop for almost 20 years (he's almost 24 and yes he's tired :lol: ).

My older son lives in Mpls and just started skating again a few weeks ago. He's been playing with whoever but I know he would like to play with a 'set group'. Are you only looking for 'good' players or will some one who is 'relearning' the game fit in. My younger son lives in GF but visits his bro often and would like to play when he's visiting. He's played non-stop for almost 20 years (he's almost 24 and yes he's tired :lol: ).

We have all skill levels with a good share of them being above average, we have about 13-14 regulars and end up with 18-24 skaters and two goalies. We would be glad to have him.