SiouxSports.com Forum

Private Messages

HockeyMom

I'm having problems with my private messaging. It takes a few tries to send them, and then it's really slow when it does go through. I am also getting duplicate messages a few hours apart.

I tried sending this via PM, but it obviously didn't work. It's been acting up since last night.

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM..I BELIEVE THEY ARE GOING THROUGH BUT DUPLICATING..SAME WITH THE FORUMS WITH TOPICS...IT TAKES A WHILE SO WE ARE REPOSTING AND THEN THEY ARE DUPLICATING...

IM NOT MAD...JUST TO LAZY TO GO BACK AND WRITE WITH NON CAP LETTERS ???

If you hit submit twice it will send or post the message twice; if you somehow find yourself in that situation, it's best to wait. However, it isn't supposed to be possible because once you hit the "Submit" button, the button is supposed to be disabled to prevent that very problem.

I can't duplicate the slowdown you're getting after posting / sending a PM. Plenty of people do seem to be posting and sending PM's, so either they're a patient group or the problem is somewhat isolated. Are more people seeing that? Is it every time? Do you get stuck at the "Thanks" screen or the screen with the button? Are you hitting the button again or hitting reload? Browser / version? Internet connection type / speed?

If you hit submit twice it will send or post the message twice; if you somehow find yourself in that situation, it's best to wait. However, it isn't supposed to be possible because once you hit the "Submit" button, the button is supposed to be disabled to prevent that very problem.

I can't duplicate the slowdown you're getting after posting / sending a PM. Plenty of people do seem to be posting and sending PM's, so either they're a patient group or the problem is somewhat isolated. Are more people seeing that? Is it every time? Do you get stuck at the "Thanks" screen or the screen with the button? Are you hitting the button again or hitting reload? Browser / version? Internet connection type / speed?

It's just stalling on the screen that the pm is typed on after I hit submit. It has done it for the last three or so PMs I have sent in the last 24 hours.

Not sure if the PMs I have sent have gone through or not.....

I'm not having problems with PMs or posts, but starting sometime yesterday, I noticed that it takes forever for the main SiouxSports.com page to load. Anyone else seeing this?

Ah, that I can duplicate. There seems to be some trouble with one of the caches that helps that page build quickly (starting Sunday morning), so the page keeps trying to load this resource until it times out (30 secs would be my guess). I'll look into that.

Maybe if we're lucky the two will turn out to be related...

Update -- the tried and true debugging method of rebooting didn't help. It actually seems to be a network problem; SiouxSports.com is having troubles contacting its DNS, for the techies.