SiouxSports.com Forum

Lets assume for a minute...

cjsol

IF Boston Red Sox are banning shirts that Say Yankees Suck, then anything is possible. Imagine attending a Sioux game without anyone wearing an indian head...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al...kees-suck_x.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yo Mujack....When I was at Fenway last year, I saw "Jeter, Jeter, Peter Eater" and "Jeter Blows A-Rod" on more than a couple shirts..... Just for fun, I also saw "WWJDD" with an image of Johnny Damon....(What would Johnny Damon Do?) Good Stuff...

Yo Mujack....When I was at Fenway last year, I saw "Jeter, Jeter, Peter Eater" and "Jeter Blows A-Rod" on more than a couple shirts..... Just for fun, I also saw "WWJDD" with an image of Johnny Damon....(What would Johnny Damon Do?) Good Stuff...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at Fenway last night and saw plenty of the aformentioned t-shirt slogans. It will be twice as bad this weekend with the Evil Empire in town.

I can't imagine any NCAA offical stopping a fan from entering a tourney game just because they are wearing the Sioux name and logo.

Why can the NCAA refuse to let UND wear the jerseys, but can't refuse fans entry?  I mean if I wore a shirt that said "FU NCAA", they could refuse me entry.  Why couldn't they refuse me entry if I was wearing a Sioux jersey?  It would seem to me, they could.  They wouldn't refuse me entry though. Why not? I mean if the jersey is so horrible that UND can't wear it at a game, why can I?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They might refuse you entry, but it won't be because of the jersey... :blush:

From what I understood, the general public was exempt from any harsh treatment, just encouraged not to wear it.  The cheerleaders and the band must change their uniforms to reflect it.

Here's another thing to ponder:  Jordy's mask.  Can you imagine how much it would cost to replace that?  It has to be more expensive than his jersey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, that mask costs more than your life.

Maybe they should come out wearing Flickertails jerseys?