SiouxSports.com Forum

Permissible booster recruiting activity

tony

Sorry to get snappy, it was starting to get a little... frustrating. :huh: I decided to make this new "accuse UND fans of recruiting violations" thread in which everyone is welcome to beat the topic to a bloody pulp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad you did (I'm also VERY glad that you separated this from the other thread). I was in err with my post. I think that all boosters should know these rules.

I do know the relevant DI rules, but messed up with those related to DII.

/NCAA Division I Manual/

13.01.4 Recruiting by Representatives of Athletics Interests

Representatives of an institution's athletics interests (as defined in Bylaw 13.02.13) are prohibited from making in-person, on- or off-campus recruiting contacts, or written or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect's relatives or legal guardians. Specific examples of the exceptions to application of this regulation are set forth in Bylaw 13.1.2.2 (see also Bylaw 13.1.3.5.1.1).

Question:

What if the "prospect or the prospect's relatives or legal guardians" makes unsolicited contact with you (say sends you an email)?

And I just love the NCAA. Talk about building a watch instead of telling you what time it is (from the DI manual):

13.1.2.2 General Exceptions. This regulation is not applicable to:

(a) Admissions Program. Off-campus recruiting contacts made by an institution