SiouxSports.com Forum

Virg Foss anounces retirement

ethanm

Which controversies would those be? Not trying to be a smartass or trying to deny that Virg was a homer (unlike those pargons of objectivity Woog & Mazzocco, better known as Male-Member Head and his sidekick Wig Boy), just wondering, since none come to mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really don't want to get into this either, but some member schools of the WCHA have had their share of "homer" reporters in the past.

When I think of Virg, I think of him proudly wearing a Sioux jersey in his book, "Fight on Sioux". Seems to me that's fine if you work for the school, but working professional journalists for newspapers should not be wearing team jerseys of teams they cover in public photos, regardless of what team they cover. I've never seen another newpaper journalist with such a public display of affilation, before or since...If anyone had any doubts about his potential objectivity, they were removed in that photo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously you're knowledge of newspaper journalists is not very wide or extensive. Grandpa Sid actually set up an endowment for athletic scholarships at the U of M. Virg is a model of objectivity by comparison.

Obviously you're knowledge of newspaper journalists is not very wide or extensive. Grandpa Sid actually set up an endowment for athletic scholarships at the U of M. Virg is a model of objectivity by comparison.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sid is far worse, I totally agree. That man is the very definition of hack....