SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite Basketball Moment.

ESPNInsider

I was just thinking of all the good times I had watching Sioux basketball and wanted to hear what good times others remember.

Some of my favorites:

Beasley's 40 against NDSU

The game against Kansas

The NCC championship loss to SDSU (still was fun)

James Baird's colossal dunk many, many years ago

So many big Travis Tuttle 3's

Mary's 3 to beat the Bison

Having a crowd of about 150 students sitting behind the basket as the BSA chanting wildly for the Sioux

But my all-time favorite:

Watching Coach Glas come out before each and every game and give everyone in the student section the big thumbs up and a little clap, kind of saying thanks for the support.

The high: epic battle with Metro State in the 1990 region final, won by the Sioux.

The low: overtime loss to USD in 1993 region final, with Randy Rosenquist making the game-winning shot in the last couple of seconds. In retrospect, it almost seems like that shot ended UND's reign as the NCC top dog (two Elite 8 appearances and three region final appearances in four years), and the Sioux haven't advanced to the region final since. :ohmy:

The NCC championship loss to SDSU (still was fun)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was one of the best games that I have seen at Frost Arena. It was a very well played basketball game by both sides. Beasley made shots from about everyplace on the floor that night.

My favorite memory didn't happen during a college game, but in the mid-90's during the summer the Sioux basketball team was doing some sort of promotional tour. Scott Guldseth, Rico Burkett, Broderick Powell, and several others came to my high school and I got to play with them on the court. It was awesome, alot of goofing around, but a great experience. Actually, it was my first experience with Sioux athletics. I got to visit with those three alot afterwards, all good guys.

I would have to say that my favorite moment in Sioux basketball history is the '95 Sioux Bison game where Travis Tuttle dropped a 3 late in the game to just about clinch it. But, to put the nail in the coffin, my favorite UND player of all time, Dave Rettker, stole the ball and drove the length of the court to slam it home. I have never heard the Hyslop so loud!

2nd Favorite: James Baird slam dunk........date and opponent is unknown but I do remember seeing it in the Hyslop. Good stuff!

I would have to say that my favorite moment in Sioux basketball history is the '95 Sioux Bison game where Travis Tuttle dropped a 3 late in the game to just about clinch it. But, to put the nail in the coffin, my favorite UND player of all time, Dave Rettker, stole the ball and drove the length of the court to slam it home. I have never heard the Hyslop so loud!

2nd Favorite: James Baird slam dunk........date and opponent is unknown but I do remember seeing it in the Hyslop. Good stuff!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shutup, Bobyck. You know your fav moment was J.J. Jumper doing his thang during the Elite 8. Don't hate. Or maybe it was the time Ashley Langen scored and was fouled....remember that?

Shutup, Bobyck. You know your fav moment was J.J. Jumper doing his thang during the Elite 8. Don't hate. Or maybe it was the time Ashley Langen scored and was fouled....remember that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK OK I give. My favorite moment is everytime Bob Kerr gets on the mic at the UND Games and yells "Ashley Langen". Voice cracking! To quote the great cousin eddie "That's the gift that keeps on givin Clark."

My favorite Sioux Basketball moment was the first game against Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse. The Sioux really battled in that game and looked as if they belonged on the same court as the Jayhawks that night. Some of the seniors stepped up big time. Even if Jeff Brandt went 1-57 from the 3 point line.