SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

The play on Swanson's goal (the game winner, if I remember) was offside. He came down on a 2-on-1, and the linesman missed the call. I was sitting directly in line with the blue line at the time. No question they were offside.

Also, I don't know if they could have "easily won the game by a couple more goals had they converted on the powerplay." Central didn't get a call all night, until the last couple minutes when it seemed redbeard and his lackey called some make-ups.

That being said, GFC didn't play that great, and WF played pretty good. They were able to wear down the Knights by rolling all four lines most of the game, and by never having kill off any penalties.

Please don't try and make excuses for why Central lost. They are an average team at best and West Fargo proved they were a better team by outplaying Central all night.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to even compare anyone to a gretzky is is an insult. i realize gretzky claims it himself, but all i have to say is that crosby will never be close to as good as gretzky or other phenomenal players from the past. not saying he wont be remembered as a great hockey player. -11 and he works defensively? all he does out there is complain. he gets hit, he starts yelling at the ref when it was a clean check. hes too busy thinking hes gods gift to hockey to play defense. also, one of my younger brothers has a friend that played against shattock. he said hes good but wasnt even a standout. just the same in nhl now a few yrs later, he is good but he doesnt dominate the game like gretzky or lemieux did. now can we get back to high school hockey?

to even compare anyone to a gretzky is is an insult. i realize gretzky claims it himself, but all i have to say is that crosby will never be close to as good as gretzky or other phenomenal players from the past. not saying he wont be remembered as a great hockey player. -11 and he works defensively? all he does out there is complain. he gets hit, he starts yelling at the ref when it was a clean check. hes too busy thinking hes gods gift to hockey to play defense. also, one of my younger brothers has a friend that played against shattock. he said hes good but wasnt even a standout. just the same in nhl now a few yrs later, he is good but he doesnt dominate the game like gretzky or lemieux did. now can we get back to high school hockey?

Ok this just made me laugh when I read this. Crosby wasn't a standout at shattuck, yes thats why he is a once in a generation talent. And all you have been referring to is stats as to why crosby is not a top rookie. Look at what he does for his team. He is regularly the best forward on the ice no matter who they are playing. So how you can say he wasn't a standout at shattuck 3 years ago just blows me away.

thanks crosby 87 for sounding stupid. it will help me sleep tonight. you said look what he does for his team. i must not have checked any sources before saying anything. well just for you i checked and rechecked crosby and his teammates and his team record. the record sure does not relate to how you say he helps them, and thats with the talented players they have on their team. like i said before, i know he is really good but im not going to bend over, like you are, to him just because he is the alleged NEXT ONE.

Edited by jagrfan68

Please don't try and make excuses for why Central lost. They are an average team at best and West Fargo proved they were a better team by outplaying Central all night.

If you look at the Central and West Fargo game you would see that it wasn't the refs fault for the game. The shots i believe were 28 to 13 in favor of Central. Even with the two 5 on 3's in the game and a few other powerplays West Fargo probably only managed to put a handful of shots on net during those. Central just gives up to many good quality scoring chances. And when i say good quality scoring chances i mean from the top of the crease out to the top of circles. West Fargo worked there butts off and Central controlled play for the most of the game, but it doesn't matter what team you are, you can dominate play for a whole game but when your giving up probably 10 out of 13 shots to any team in the slot area your not going to win. If Central doesn't figure out a way to keep teams out of the slot and limit scoring chances its going to be a long season for them. But your doing something right when you only give up 13 shots. So i guess we'll see if they can right the ship Sat. or it's going to be a long night against Fargo South.

thanks crosby 87 for sounding stupid. it will help me sleep tonight. you said look what he does for his team. i must not have checked any sources before saying anything. well just for you i checked and rechecked crosby and his teammates and his team record. the record sure does not relate to how you say he helps them, and thats with the talented players they have on their team. like i said before, i know he is really good but im not going to bend over, like you are, to him just because he is the alleged NEXT ONE.

Take your Sidney Crosby talk somewhere else. No one cares here. This is a high school hockey message board not lets talk about Sidney Crosby when no one even has talked about him on this message board. You should really think about what you are going to type before you start to for the first time.

Oh dear god 75-3! That is unbelievable. 3 whole shots. I bet 2 of those 3 were probably icings that hit the net. Were you at the game by chance, and if so, did it look like South was on a 5 on 3 PP the entire game or what???

Ya i was there. And actually a couple of the shots i thinks missed the net but they counted them anyway so i think they just got one true shot which was on a breakaway on the first shift of the game! It was a fluke play and the puck just squrited out to a Whapeton player that got behind the defensemen. And ya most of it looked like a 5 on 3.

Ok this just made me laugh when I read this. Crosby wasn't a standout at shattuck, yes thats why he is a once in a generation talent. And all you have been referring to is stats as to why crosby is not a top rookie. Look at what he does for his team. He is regularly the best forward on the ice no matter who they are playing. So how you can say he wasn't a standout at shattuck 3 years ago just blows me away.

I am not sure there is much point in trying to get into a discussion with this poster regarding Crosby. I think he is mainly interested in baiting people into some sort of conflict rather than respecting their views even though he has a different opinion - which is fine. Obviously the resources are out there to come to your own conclusions regarding any hockey player. Sometimes the best thing to do with someone who is so dogmatic is to ignore them so hopefully we will not have to suffer through too many more than the six posts we have seen so far.