SiouxSports.com Forum

Maine Fans

cfm567b27

Heres a toast to all the Maine Hockey fans.....I met about 20 of them this weekend and they all were fantastic......Great group of fans collectively and they had nothing but compliment to pass on regarding the Sioux's program. Hell I even offered a couple my tickets for a game if they wanted to come out to the REA for a series. I'm a U Maine fan.....

Heres a toast to all the Maine Hockey fans.....I met about 20 of them this weekend and they all were fantastic......Great group of fans collectively and they had nothing but compliment to pass on regarding the Sioux's program. Hell I even offered a couple my tickets for a game if they wanted to come out to the REA for a series. I'm a U Maine fan.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also ran into some Maine fans on Saturday, a couple were actually at the Sioux get together @ the Crowne Plaza. They were fully supporting the Sioux. Looks like the terrible thing that happened to Shawn Walsh a few years back has had a positive twist to putting Sioux fans & Black Bear fans together.

I also ran into some Maine fans on Saturday, a couple were actually at the Sioux get together @ the Crowne Plaza. They were fully supporting the Sioux. Looks like the terrible thing that happened to Shawn Walsh a few years back has had a positive twist to putting Sioux fans & Black Bear fans together.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seeing Adam Hauser dump a couple of Black Bears in OT in the 2002 title game (you remember the call on a Black Bear later that led to the game-winning goal for Minnesota) and then losing the 2005 regional game in Mariucci has also helped sway some fans our way.

Me and a buddy went to the series in Maine in October, and we were very impressed with the fans. Several people talked about how much respect they have for UND after the Walsh jersey deal a few years ago. You expect to have some people get in your face when you go on the road, but we really didn't encounter any of that. Instead, almost everybody that approached us wanted to talk about our team, our arena, etc.

I found a Maine fan on USCHO before that series who set us up with tickets, and we're returning the favor when he and his wife come to the Ralph in October. We've been exchanging emails for the past several months and he assured me that a lot of Maine fans were pulling for the Sioux after they got knocked out of the tournament.

I've become a big Maine hockey fan after that weekend. I'd love to see UND & Maine continue to schedule each other after the 2005-06 season.