SiouxSports.com Forum

Bulletin board material

PCM

Apparently Chris Harrington didn't like it when Rory McMahon named him Minnesota's most overrated player. In an article in today's Star Tribune, he says:

"North Dakota likes to hit, but they don't like to get hit. That's why they take penalties sometimes; they're going to turn and whack you sometimes if you hit them. If we play smart, we'll get power-play opportunities, and special teams could be the difference."

While I'll admit that some of North Dakota's recent penalties have been undisciplined, based on my observation, they've mostly been of the overzealous nature rather than the retaliatority type.

It should be fun to watch Rory and Chris tomorrow night.

How on earth is that bulletin board material? Yeah, that quote would really get me worked up if an opponent said it. He's right too, if we paly smart hockey, the gophers should enjoy a clear advantage in our number of power plays. UND has been winning as of late, but also racking up a ton of penalty minutes.

How on earth is that bulletin board material? Yeah, that quote would really get me worked up if an opponent said it. He's right too, if we paly smart hockey, the gophers should enjoy a clear advantage in our number of power plays. UND has been winning as of late, but also racking up a ton of penalty minutes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is bulletin board material because is incorrectly states we are a cheap team. And the person saying it is on a known cheap team.

He never said UND was cheap. He implied they are physical, and take a lot of penalties becuase of it, which is true. The Penalty minutes don't lie. As for Harrington being cheap, he most definatley is. I've wanted him bench since early in the season. He is our worst defenseman on the ice. Consistantly getting bad penaltys, consistantly out of position and consistantly beat one on one. I will say this, he did play very well in the Regionals.

I read it as "over agressive" which is very different from cheap in my opinion. What happend to Bina was cheap, what Bertuzzi did was cheap. What UND does is retaliate and get called for it. Thier realtion's are not hack jobs, just a bit too physical but well withn the accepted practices of the game.

He never said UND was cheap. He implied they are physical, and take a lot of penalties becuase of it, which is true.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. He specifically said the Sioux take retaliatory penalties because they don't like to get hit.

If the Sioux were that type of team, you would have seen it during the Final Five in the game against Denver after the hit on Bina.

I'm not saying the Sioux never retaliate, but if the Gophers think they can goad UND into taking penalties, I don't think it will work.

What UND does is retaliate and get called for it. Thier realtion's are not hack jobs, just a bit too physical but well withn the accepted practices of the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is the point. Our defenseman don't need to be hit first to go out and hit the other players. If we had NHL refs, we would hardly have been called for any penalties in the playoffs. College refs call penalties for being too rough, but only call half of the cheap penalties.

I agree, the college game is called tight, but everyone knows it, accept the UND players. The refs are calling their physical play as penaltys. they need to adjust their paly or suffer the reusslts. The refs are not going to change their style.

The article had some good quotes from DH. I caught some footage of the team arriving in Columbus on the news last night. Looks like they all have the Blais haircuts, and the playoff beards look pretty good as well.

If p-star is a U of M graduate I think they should have to learn to spell before they can post on this board!!! 

Good Luck Sioux!!!!! bring back #8

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are only taught to spell one word and we all know what that is......M-I-N-N-oh who cares.

I'm bored and I had severe withdrawl last weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too. That's why I watched the tapes of UND beating Minnesota (I never tire of seeing Sparky's glorious goal) and the Sioux beating Wisconsin.