SiouxSports.com Forum

Who's the new goalie

denbo1

No. 35, Marc Ranfranz, is from Rochester, MN. He's not new, but he is the only walk-on to make the roster this season. He tried out last year, but got cut just before the season started. He played in the USHL with the Rochester Mustangs and the AWHL with the Billings Bulls.

Is this guy any good. I have a hard time believing that he deserved to be dressed over Siembida. I suppose that is Blaiser's way of getting his attention.

Before Saturdays game he was less than please with Josh saying that a 750 save percentage won't cut it...

What ever happened fired Jake up. It seems there is a little motivation going on here. I remember Blais challenged a few of his players during the 1997 championship year. I guess this is his way of getting people's attention...

Is this guy any good.

That's hard to say. The only time I've seen Ranfranz play was in the intra-squad scrimmage where he gave up three goals to the Sioux's top two lines and didn't look too sharp doing it.

However, Blais said on the radio last week that Ranfranz has looked good in practice. Hakstol says he is usually the first guy on the ice at practice and the last one off. He also stayed in Grand Forks through the summer to skate and work out with the team.

Ranfranz did have a very good high school career and put up some decent stats in the USHL and the AWHL. I'd certainly like to see him play in a game situation.

Regarding Brandt's performance Saturday against UAA, both he and Blais agreed that the reason he played better was because he didn't try to do too much. Brandt said he was trying to simplify his game and stay focused on the puck when he had few shots to face.