SiouxSports.com Forum

Arrest in GF

ESPNInsider

I have a feeling it was the man himself who was the tip and wanted to get caught.

Reminds me of a time at my high school when someone called in a bomb threat and everyone had to move to the gym. :sad::lol:

Shouldn't ever threat be taken seriously, what needs to happen for that "procedure" to change? a bomb going off in the gymnasium full of students?

I have a feeling it was the man himself who was the tip and wanted to get caught.

Reminds me of a time at my high school when someone called in a bomb threat and everyone had to move to the gym.  :sad:  :lol: 

Shouldn't ever threat be taken seriously, what needs to happen for that "procedure" to change?  a bomb going off in the gymnasium full of students?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I don't think he called himself in.

The Herald report is accurate. A tip was called in reporting a man was going to come to the school with a gun. From what I heard, he just wanted to cause a scene by driving around the school with a shotgun. The school was locked down, students were locked in their classrooms. The man was spotted by police driving around the school and arrested. He was never on school property. Afterwards the students were assembled in the gym for an explanation. The students were never fully assembled anywhere during the lockdown, unlike the situation you described above. The lockdown ended about 2:40 or so after being in effect for about an hour.