SiouxSports.com Forum

Colby Genoway

NorthDakotaHockey

For those who are lucky enough to watch this team live on a regular basis, it has become clear to us that one of the principal reasons why the Sioux appear to be rounding into shape, other than the obvious (boatloads of talent, healthy with the exception of Kaip, fourth-line play elevating play of everyone, coaching systems taking hold, mental block on goal scoring becoming dust to the wind), is the fact that Colby Genoway has stepped up and established himself as the leader of the boys, both on and off the ice. He goes hard every shift. He commands the power play with focus and skill. He is always barking encouragement on the bench, and keeping some of the whiners in check. He knows that, as a Senior, this is his swan song and he is playing like he wants it to last through to the last possible moment, the NC game in Columbus.

While I have no beef with the boys wearing the C and the A's on their jerseys, Genoway is the leader of this team right now. While everyone appears to be stepping up right now, especially the seniors, Genoway is stepping higher, and with a greater sense of urgency.

Brandt has moved out of the driver's seat. Colby is the one who is driving the Bus to Columbus. Just watch him closely tonight, tomorrow, Saturday, and at The John on Easter Sunday.

Can't wait for the puck drop tonight. Judging from the sometimes drivel on this board, to which I too often contribute myself, we's ready for the Sioux to take the ice. We's ready for Colby to lead us all to Columbus.

Sioux fans rule. Gopher fans drool.

I agree that since Colby came back from his injury, he's been playing with more fire and determination than ever. The best part is that it's been contagious with the other seniors on the team. If they can keep that going, there's no telling how far this Sioux team can go.