SiouxSports.com Forum

Springball will be here soon.........

siouxoutlaw

I think this spring will have some serious battles going for p/t next fall. First who is going to be the new back field? A loss of two players like Roland and Wistoff will be hard shoes to fill. Wisty was one heck of a FB player. The quality to his blocking and play in general in my opinion was second to none. Roland is a back that Strouth cant be. Strouth is just to little. The kid plays hard but I can only see Brandon as a 10-15 carries per game back. Any more and I think he wouldn't make it the season. Roland was a blue collar get-er-done back. He could go out take hits and allow the offense to pound the ball. Finding the replacements for those two may be hard. It will be interesting to see who ends up as the new back field.

Outlaw i agree with you that the losses of roland and wisthoff will hurt the sioux team greatly. But after watching the entire season i was really impressed with the play of trent christiansen. i thought that he did great on goal line and short yardage situations when he and wisthoff were in the game at the same time. now maybe that was just cause wisthoff just made him look good but either way he got the job done. I am by no means saying that he will fill the shoes of david but it is a good start. another thing i agree with you about is that strouth will not be able to carry the brunt of the load next year, i feel like it will need to be a joint effort with somebody similar to what they did this year with he and roland, hopefully somebody will be able to step up. already cant wait for spring ball!!!