SiouxSports.com Forum

Old jerseys

The Commodore

I've been looking for pictures of the 1987 blackhawks-style jerseys all day online and I can't seem to find any. Home or away or both, if anyone has a file with pics or else a link to websites that have them... especially the shoulder crest with the tomahawks. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Commodore and Dakid,

I purchased a green CCM jersey from the old Engelstad Arena back in February or March of 1992 after I had heard whispers about the Blackhawk logo being ditched the next season. If you would like, I can take some pictures with my digital camera and get some close-ups of the logo, jersey design itself (sleeve striping, waist striping, and the "S" tomahawks) and send them to you. Let me know.

MafiaMan

Not the greatest pic of the '87 jerseys, but I guess it has to do

http://www.belfour.com/assets/images/1987UND.jpg

Also,  does anyone know where I could get an uncrested jersey that would look like the '87 jerseys?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Koronis should have what you are looking for. They did a great job on a jersey that I ordered last year, it is a 1993-94 "North Dakota" replica. And they personalized it. Koronis put me in touch with a sales rep and that was it.

http://www.koronissportsapparel.com/home.html

cjsol,

Thanks for this information. I have actually seen this site and was thinking about ordering through there, but was unsure if the Kelly Green would be accurate to the Fighting Sioux green.

Did you order a jersey off this site. What style did you choose. Would somebody be able to give me some input on what to go with for the old look like in '87 or so.

The help would be appreciated!

Thanks

dakid,

Give me a couple of days and I'll have something for you, ok? If you want some samples, go to my photo page at photos.yahoo.com/siouxfan19. I have some pics up there with my son at his first Sioux game. I'm wearing the 1992 jersey in some of the pics there. I'll leave a comment here when I have some pics for you and can either e-mail them or put them on that site. Glad I could help.

MafiaMan,

I have to give props to you because you have been a great help in sending me the pics of your awesome jersey!

For anyone who is interested, I am working with koronisjerseys.com right now on getting a replica jersey made just like the Fighting Sioux used back in 87-92. It is uncrested as they cannot provide the logo, but I hope it works out with them. I sent them an email with a pic of MafiaMan's jersey and they said they could copy it exactly.

I will keep you all posted on how this turns out...

I am working with a guy named Tom Nicotera. His email is:tom@koronisjerseys.com and he can be reached at Toll Free: 877-272-5430. He said they could copy the style exactly, but I have yet to order. I have been talking with MafiaMan as he as a kick a$$ old-school jersey. He would be willing to send you pics....just provide him with an email address

It is not going to be cheap...I don't have an exact figure but I am guessing somewhere between $60 and $70. I could not find anywhere else that makes uncrested jerseys (and would match the colors) for just one person...everyone wants team orders of 12 or more....

I am going to contact Koronis tomorrow and probably order it....

Speaking of jerseys, I'm a big collector of them. I have about 25-30 including Czech Republic, USA 1980, USA 2000, Canada 1998, several UND jerseys, Michigan, and about 8-10 Russian-made Kait or Lutch jerseys. You can find these on the interet at www.russianjerseys.com. They're about $80 if you purchase them from that site, but I have a friend in Detroit who contracts with Lutch (Russian Nike if you will) and can get them for around $50. They are super high quality jerseys and I get comments on them whenever I wear them. If anyone is interested in purchasing one, let me know and I will hook you up. I currently have a Kait yellow Sweden #21 Forsberg for sale for $40. This was sent to me in error (I had ordered yellow #4 Lidstrom) but the vendor offered to let me keep it since I had made a $1000 purchase for my broomball team from his company. I can get others...CCCP is a popular one, 1997 Soviet Red Army, and Soviet Wings. They would make a nice (albeit a little late) Christmas present and you can even get them with your name on back in Russian (as they wear in European play) or English (when teams play Canada or USA).

How stable is this connection you have. I am low on funds now, but would like a CCCP jersey sometime in the future?

My grandparents went to Russia a few years ago and only brought me back a weird hat, even though they know I am a huge hockey fan. ;)

Dogz,

How stable is he? I paid $80 for several of the jerseys on www.russianjerseys.com before switching to him. I've purchased a half-dozen jerseys from him and have no trouble recommending him. Tell you what...I'm so confident you'd like your jersey (stock jerseys with names like Fedorov or Bure are cheaper, but you can get your own name...it just takes longer) that I would pay for it myself and you could pay me back once you see it.

I bought a Soviet Wings jersey from him and they messed it up and did #91 instead of #19. Without even telling me, he had Lutch make another jersey (at no extra cost to me) with #19 and sent them BOTH to me for the cost of one jersey. Now how cool is that?

I'm in Bloomington...if you'd like to see a jersey in person, let me know and we could work something out.