SiouxSports.com Forum

Eaves interview

01grad

That penalty shot was huge for the Gophers. Even if Irman would have missed it, it would have evened up the powerplay, and the crowd was definately in it at that point.

It's nice having Midcontinent cable that I could flip back and forth between the Fighting Sioux Network and Fox Sports Net North last weekend. Unfortunately, the gopher game was more exciting than the UND game on Friday night - at least until OT.

Comments

Blazer or Blaiser? Buchenski?

Writer must have been a little tipsy as everybody else is in madtown.

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another coach commenting on UND and fighting - although I don't think Eaves said it in the same context as Lucia's comments, it is kind of funny nevertheless.

QUESTION #10: How close do you consider the rivalry with North Dakota to the rivalry with Minnesota?

EAVES: Same par. I think it

After going to that Wisco./Minn. game last Friday night, the only thing that Wisconsin showed me was that they have great goaltending.

Their defense had a really tough time bringing it out of their own zone against Minn. Careless and weak passes. This lead to many of the gophers scoring chances. We need to look for this.

They also allowed many odd man rushes.

The other thing was that Earl really didn't do a whole lot. The gophers shut him down and didn't allow him any room near the net. He was skating in circles the entire night.

The one way that I saw how to beat Bruckler was by taking shots from the top of the circles with traffic in front of the net. A Bochenski or Roche would be a perfect man to score on him. I don't know if we have anybody like that right now. Bruckler didn't give up many rebounds at all and whenever the puck was shot in close he always had a read on it.

I think it will be a goaltenders duel for sure this weekend. As long as Lammy can match Bernd.