SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Preview

sprig

Saw this the other day. Here are specific comments that caught my eye:

Colby Genoway is a playmaker with a great shot. After sitting out last year, Blais expects him to produce offensively immediately.
I like to hear this!

Mike Prpich is an intense player with good hockey sense. He will play all assigned positions and specialty teams.

Here it is again "all assigned positions" and "Specialty teams". From the scrimmage reports it sounded like he has a really hard shot. With his success on the PP in juniors, could he be a PP QB?

"Lee Marvin is a great skater," said Blais. "He is big, strong player who is very knowledgeable on defense.

I like to hear this. I don't think we can expect any offense from Lee but if he can skate and knows how to play defense he will be a very valuable stay-at-home defenseman.

I like to hear this. I don't think we can expect any offense from Lee but if he can skate and knows how to play defense he will be a very valuable stay-at-home defenseman.

And if Marvin is this good, but is still the 7th defenseman as of now, what does that say about our defensive unit? I'm hoping it means much improvement from last year.