SiouxSports.com Forum

SHORTED! (rea strikes again!)

SiouxMeNow

so....less than a week before the highly touted opening of the Betty...the "headline" act reschedules with no apparent explanation :0;) ...anyone wondering what's going on??? From what "I hear" :p ...ticket sales at $30 a seat where "less than expected" and someone from one end or the other (guess which one :) (hint REA) pulled the plug. Too bad they never considered bringing in a mariginal act at even a "gasp" losing price to make an event like the opening of a new sports facility a success might be "worthwhile" in the long run. I'm just wondering what "c" list of celebrities they even got Martin Shorts name off of in the first place??....and to make it worse...."A MUSICAL EVENING WITH...";) ;) :p If only we could get Ed Grimleys take on this whole thing :D:p:ohmy:

my point was...GET SOMEBODY someone you might want to see for $5 or maybe $10 a ticket....fill the place!!! (even if you (GASP :p ) LOSE MONEY!!!... it's an opening for f*'s sake!!!! You only get ONE CHANCE to make good FIRST IMPRESSION!!!!.....(I think I got that from a shampoo commercal!) WHAT AM i MISSING HERE?

• 3 weeks later...
siouxmenow, did you go to the opening? i think they blew their wad on the food.

no..but I heard...pretty ritzy!! my point was..if you WANTED to let the unwashed masses into the opening - you should have charged $10 for MARTIN SHORT and filled the place - even if you, GASP :p , lost a few bucks. Would have made it special for all of GF instead of a face-stuffing festival for the fatcats!!! ....just my opinion...