SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerome Beasley

UND Fan

Does anyone have any info as to how Beasley progressed this year? I know he was only active for a couple of games early in the season. Does Miami or other NBA teams still feel he can play at that level?

There was a large 2 part (day) article in the Herald about him earlier in the year, February maybe?? The Heat sounded like they really like him, then again I doubt they would come out and say if they actually felt he never has a chance. In all honesty, them doing as well as they have may have hurt his development. There was talk in the article about him being a contributer at the end of this season, but then the Heat started winning and Beasley stayed on the IR. About the only way you can gauge what the Heat feel about him is the fact that they gave him a 2 year guaranteed contract. For a second round pick, that simply does not happen, they either get cut or get a 1 year contract. Hopefully he can learn a bit, and being in the East, he has a better shot, them being so strapped for big men. I was told he is well-liked by his teammates, which is not a surprise knowing his infectios personality. With the shot he has, he should stick around for a while IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...