SiouxSports.com Forum

NCC Tourney

legend334

Sioux win 8-1 NDSU win 9-2.....game is at 2 pm with the loser playing at 5 and the winner waiting til saturday, chance of rain today...have to see how that plays out.....hopefully the Bison dont wise up and do not start their flame thrower...Wagner i believe it is.....leave him in the pen and hopefully the Sioux jump all over NDSU and leave him in the bull pen...fine coaching once again NDSU...kind of like having Piep bat leadoff?:D with 20 HR's......clueless....gut feeling says Sukut will start today....although Z hasnt told the kids who is throwing.... a lot of rumblings about JJ throwing the complete game but would 30 pitches for 2 more innings make that big of a difference on JJ's arm??? guess JJ only knows that.....

wind was blowing out to left yesterday...there may have been one or two that i saw that were a little wind aided yesterday....but TK's was over the evergreen trees in left....no wind aid there that one would have been out irregardless....wind did make it a little chilly....hopefully today the Sioux get one and wait to see who they play on saturday!!!!!!

Thanks for the update Teamsioux, the problem is even if NDSU wins the conference (tourney), they will have a difficult time making the regional as only four teams are selected and NDSU is 7th. UND's strong non-conf record and and 4 wins over NDSU should help them in Selection Process

kind of like having Piep bat leadoff

I agree with you legend, having your best two hitters (Piep and Baso) bat first and second doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It seems the lineup would be much more productive with those guys batting in a position to drive in runs. I do like Wagner coming out of the pen though, I like watching him sprint onto the field like John Rocker

Sioux lose to Mankato 8-4. It was a good game, close throughout and well defensed on both ends. Now, it is a waiting game until Sun when the regional bids are announced. I think the Sioux are fine, there were a lot of varied opinions at the ballpark. Last year, Duluth went into their conference tourney ranked either 3 or 4 in the region, went 3 and out just like UND, and made the regional. UND is ranked #2 in the region right now, I cannot see how it can could be possible for them to drop to #5 or below, especially considering how little emphasis the regional committee has put on the conference tourney as of late.

corella i am not so sure about that......Mankato could jump to four and Wayne St could go to 3 even if they lose to Central Miss.....i hope not cuz the Sioux deserve it but have learned too many times in the past that nothing is for sure...and UND has come up on the short end too many times....best thing that could happen is NDSU beat Mankato right away on Saturday.....corella...exactly what we thought would happen....pitching was the question mark.........

If Mankato loses tommorrow, which is more of a when then an if, I cannot see any way that they can leapfrog UND in the regional rankings. Then again, I couldn't see how the NCC could not overturn the Josh Mueller shot 2 years ago, so the impossible has proved me wrong before. But, based on past precident, I say UND gets no worse then the 3 seed, because Emporia will lose to Central Mizzou, Wayne was in extra innings today and I don't know who won that, and Mankato is going to have a real tough time winning against the Bison, especially with if they fall behind in either game with Wagner in the pen, and if he starts it is lights out. I cannot see losing out in the conference tourney costing a team 3 spots when at minimum 2 of the 3 teams directly behind the Sioux in the region poll lose out in their conference tourney's also.

like i said corella i hope UND makes it in but if Mankato wins two tomorrow i have a bad feeling......if NDSU wins they will never get in anyway....they were seventh in the last poll and it Mitch doenst start Wagner or bring him in if any doubt....he needs to just keep teaching PE classes???

Emporia State went 2 and barbecue in their conference tourney, they lost their 2nd game last night 14-11. Rational reasoning says since the #2 Sioux went 1-2 in their conference tourney, and #3 Emporia went 0-2, Emporia would drop faster and lower then UND. It only makes sense.

if NDSU wins they will never get in anyway...

and they shouldn't...#2 in the last regional poll before the post-season tourney should get you there - barring TOTAL disaster in the NCC tourney which the Sioux just barely avoided...I'm sure this will be another "WHAT?:D we didn't make the regional??? They're holding our big DI MOVE against us again (insert big BISON tears here)) but the Sioux deserve to make the regional based on their conference record - not a single tournament. BTW - THe Sioux should also be NCC Champs...what other sport totally disregards the conference season and crowns an "NCC CHAMP" based on a tournament?? If that was the case...Minnesota would have been the WCHA Champs this year. Basketball doesn't do it...Football doesn't do it....is this a track thing or what????