SiouxSports.com Forum

New Poster From Northern Iowa

Northern Iowa

Sioux Guys and Gals,

Was glad to find this site off of D2.com. Hope to engage in some good football discussion. I read the thread about the Bison and UNC going to 1-AA and I think there are some misperceptions about 1-AA that I can help clear up. What's the scuttlebutt on UND pitching their tent with us? Anything?

Go Sioux!

NI

You can view the other thread for a lively discussion of the move. I think most UND fans' primary concern is the cost. The way NDSU is moving (no conference affiliation) adds tremendous cost to the program and there is some debate from the fan perspective about whether this will result in superior games/opponents.

Clearly if a lot of the NCC could move as a group, that would dramatically reduce the expense, just leaving the question of what benefit the schools receive for that additional expense. Is being a small school in D-IAA a product that North Dakotans want more than being a top tier school in D-II? Are they willing to pay more for tickets, have athletic budget shortfalls, and probably cut a few non-revenue sports to achieve that?

Personally, I suspect the majority answer to those questions is, "yes", and hence UND will cave to the tremendous pressure to move up that it's fans and media will create in the coming months and years.

hey Northern Iowa,

I would love to get some inside from you, especially on the feeling about NDSU joining the Gateway, or maybe even NI leaving to join a new conference. Also what do you think the chances are of the Gateway becoming a full sports conference? Is there any room on your schedule for your old foe the NDSU BISON?