SiouxSports.com Forum

Chicago Showcase

jloos

ND and MN are in the same bracket this year, ND may have a chance as the majority of the top players in the state were seniors.

ND won game one 4-2 ND game 1

MN won game one 9-0 see same link and follow MN link. Moorheads Deutz had 5 points - including a hatrick and Gifford had 3 points.

Deutz should end up playing D1 hockey the only thing holding him back is his size. Gifford should also play D1 hockey, both will likely play in the USHL next season.

ND and MN are in the same bracket this year, ND may have a chance as the majority of the top players in the state were seniors.

ND won game one 4-2 ND game 1

MN won game one 9-0 see same link and follow MN link. Moorheads Deutz had 5 points - including a hatrick and Gifford had 3 points.

Deutz should end up playing D1 hockey the only thing holding him back is his size. Gifford should also play D1 hockey, both will likely play in the USHL next season.

I believe that there are at least 6 Fargo kids on that team, including 3 from South (Mauch, Brehmer and Kankelfritz) and 3 from Shanley (Hitt, Graalum and Fylling) with an alternate goalie from Shanley (Engdahl).

Looks like they had some goaltending problems, they outshot them pretty bad. Starting goalie gave up 5 goals on 13 shots.

MN is in the title game almost every year, there is no shame in losing to them. Hopefully team ND can keep it close and win the tiebraker w/ Indiana (assuming they beat Pittsburg).

ND loses to MN 2-1, a very good showing for ND. Pittsburg beats Indiana 11-1, since ND beat Pittsburg, they take second in their pool. They must have had a REALLY bad game when they tied Indiana. ;)

Another tough game today for ND - take on MI in the quarterfinals. MN plays the NY selects.

I believe by taking second ND avoids playing in a 'play in' game to determine who gets sent back to the B level.

Deutz/Gifford line had one of the goals against ND - they are the top line for MN.

Fylling scored for ND - not bad for a player that "blows" :D

I think it's great that ND can compete with much larger states and cities (Pittsburg has more people than the state of ND).

Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan make sense, but California in the finals?!

Must be from northern California.

Go Minnesota!

Actually CA is producing a lot of hockey players. In the next couple of years they will easily surpass ND in the number of D1 products. There is just so damn many people living in the state. They still don't have community teams they are all star teams mostly made up of upper class folks that come from MN,MI or out east that can afford the $10K + it takes to play. My parents neighbors just moved to AZ and their kid plays on a team that plays most of their games in CA and CO, the costs are crazy - imagine flying a team of kids 10-15 times a season.

I thought it was funny when ME and BC were playing in the semi's the announcer said Shields from ME has a shorter flight home than Spina from BC. Shields is from Scottland, I think they said Spina was from CA or AZ.

MN lost to California 5-2 looks like MN should have stuck with the better goalie, but decided to split time the whole series.

Showcase Stats:

1 CS Team Minnesota Obrien, Brandon Joseph 177:56 88 78 10 88.64 7 2.42

35 CS Team Minnesota Damjanovich, Aaron 128:04 53 51 2 96.23 5 0.78

Not that it would have made a difference, but each team played around 10am then in the championship game at 5pm. I think it's stupid to play two games in one day. Kudos to all the kids who played, especially twice in one day!

I saw and still see no mention of empty net goals on the game score sheet, but that may be because they just counted it as a goal against instead of an empty net goal, however the two MN goalies combined for 51min and the CA gaolie played for 51 min so were both nets empty?

Here are the goalie stats for the last game for the MN goalies:

No Player Played Shots Saves GA Sv% Gms GAA

35 Damjanovich, Aaron 27:00 16 15 1 93.75 1 1.00

1 Obrien, Brandon Joseph 24:00 14 10 4 71.43 1 4.00

and for the CA goalie:

No Player Played Shots Saves GA Sv% Gms GAA

35 Billick, Thomas 51:00 28 26 2 92.86 1 2.00