SiouxSports.com Forum

WDAZ Will Broadcast Friday Sioux Game

PCM

So it's on satellite, just not the FSSN coordinates, correct? Is the FSSN on G3? The press release says this is on G11. I have the satellite set-up to get FSSN, but I don't think I can switch from G3 to G11. Can anyone confirm this? A bar may be the only option, DARN! :silly:

G3 is at 95 west

G11 is at 91 west

You would move the dish about an 1/8 inch

Here is the problem.....The feed is Analog (not Digital. The normal feed is digital)

So the only people who can pick it up are people with the old C/KU Band satellite receivers.

Sportsbars should be able to (if they have an old C/KU Band system)

as long as the fighting sioux sports network picks it up somehow we can watch in AZ at rto sullivans in mesa.. they get the old sattelite feeds for about every game they play..hope thats what happens because i will be pissed if i have to watch it on webcast as long as the other hundred people that go their to watch....

as long as the fighting sioux sports network picks it up somehow we can watch in AZ at rto sullivans in mesa.. they get the old sattelite feeds for about every game they play..hope thats what happens because i will be pissed if i have to watch it on webcast as long as the other hundred people that go their to watch....

It kind of sounded like they were going to get something worked out to get it played on the FSSN... but im not holding my breath.

:silly: I am new to all of this, so forgive me if I sound stupid.

Do you think it would help us fans in Bismarck if we would call Midcontinent Cable and ask them to televise it on Channel 39?

I'm recovering from surgery and can't really go to a sports bar to see the game.

It sounds like there are a lot of people in Bismarck who want to see the game. I don't know if midco has any control over this so it may not help, but on the other hand it wouldnt hurt to try!

I spoke to a guy who posted over on the uscho board about this subject. He says that Sidelines in Bismarck will have the game on tomorrow at 2. I think i might head over there if i can find someone to watch my son and if the game doesnt make it on tv.

Rats, I still dont have an analog box yet! The coordinates for the satellite feed are below.....

G11

Tp. 16

Freq. 12020

Pol. V

Again the above link states it will be an analog feed, so the digital systems will NOT pick up this feed/game unless the broadcast it in digital format : (

But this transponder is allways analog, so it dont look good.

Here's the latest from theralph.com

UND Men's Hockey against the Alaska-Anchorage

Seawolves / Colorado College Tigers at the 2004 WCHA

Red Baron Final Five will be available to watch via

television, video webcast and satellite. See Details Below.

Friday, March 19th @ 2:00 pm.

XCEL Energy Center in St. Paul, MN.

Television: WDAZ Channel 8 (Grand Forks), WDAY Channel 6 (Fargo). For customers outside of these viewing areas, the game will be aired on Fighting Sioux Sports Network(Bismarck, minot).

Video Webcast: Live streaming video on your PC w/ Tim Hennesy. Live Video Webcast

Satellite Coordinates: Analog Only, Galaxy 11, Transponder 16.

Saturday night games of the 2004 Final Five will be available on Fox Sports Net @ 2:08 or 7:08 pm

Iceberg,

No analog yet, I have seen a few out there but I have not jumped for one yet, I am still new to e-bay so I am sure I will win a bid soon, I have not been trying to bid as I only had dial up, but now I have DSL, so I just need to find an analog box, I know you are at the game right now, hope you had fun. Remember its only a game....Yea Right : )

Oh what the hell! I'm so confused. :huh:

So it's going to be on FSSN, which I get via satellite, but apparently they are not showing the FSSN on the regular coordinates that they usually do? Don't think I will be trying to move my dish anytime soon. :silly:

On the up flipside of that. Like someone mentioned, if it's analog most sports bars will be able to get it. Knowing my luck I will drive all the way into town to watch it at a sports bar, they won't be able to get it and it would have been on FSSN (the right one) the whole time!!

Seems it is impossible to get a straight answer as to whether this will be shown in western ND, either on an ABC affiliate or on cable FSSN.

Can't help but believe that trying to sell dataflix to us outside the eastern ND ABC coverage area has become the overriding factor.

Because of that, I'll listen on internet radio if my FSSN screen remains blue at 2PM today.

Just talked to my cable co. people (Northwest Communications, Ray) and they have coordinates for the game this afternoon, and will have it on, as far as they know. If coordinate changes are made, they are staying on top of things and will make the necessary changes right up to the last minute, if needed.

THe problem that can occur is if the satellite the signal will be sent from is different than one that their dish's already are pointed at. Since each dish receives more than one station in the cable lineup, if an alternate satellite is chosen that they are not pointed at, they cannot make the change and zap one or more of their other cable stations.

Here is the most current info from the alumni assn:

http://www.undalumni.org/reunion-finalfive.htm

Now for a rant conc. theralph. Those of us emailing jamie seem to get drastically different responses. As far the the cable co goes, four employees of my cable company (NCC) are supposed to receive emailed messages of any changes/etc to the FSSN schedule, including new coordinates and such. However, since this has happened more than once already, beginning with the UNA/SIoux semifinal football game, theralph people are not sending those emails, therefore, a game the cable co. thinks will come on does not since they are not notified. Doesn't seem like the best way to treat cable cos that pay for FSSN, but that is what has been happening.

The latest email from jamie at theralph:

Non scheduled games are not always easy. For this game Friday: WDAZ Decided to air it on Wednesday, they confirmed sat info by Thursday, and as soon as I could get the info to Midco I did. Some of their head ends are capable of doing these changes some are not.

The game today will also be on fox sports net.

I don't believe the FOXN thing is correct, so don't know if any info from theralph is accurate :silly:

Just a word about Jamie at the Ralph. I think he's done a great job dealing with a lot of calls and emails about the satellite feeds throughout the season. I certainly want him to keep the line of communication open with him next season. Everyone should drop him an email at some point thanking him for his help.

On another note, maybe we need to start a board dealing solely with the satellite info for those with trouble and for newbies. I have a two page instruction sheet on how to set up, point the dish and program the receiver that I put together after struggling with it myself. I'd be happy to make it available to anyone or post it on a satellite specific board.

Oops, games coming up, gotta go. GO SIOUX!

Obviously the cable people elsewhere (Watertown, Bismarck) have a bit more on the ball, as NCCRay still hasn't dialed it in, although I can see them trying.

Whoops, just got called by the cable co, and theralph didn't tell them it was KU band. Although they have receivers capable of KU band, the don't have the proper LNB on the dish, so can't get it. Had theralph informed the cable co that it was KU band, they likely would have been tooled up to show it, but now, it's streaming audio for me.