SiouxSports.com Forum

Word on Prpich

PCM

Heaven forbid we leave Palmo in. He only got a goal and an assist and played pretty good... No PENALTIES either!! Canady hasn't scored since Jan. 10, Why is he in??.....Oh even Massen has scored since then. Why not let Marvin, the Defenseman play forward or hey let's throw in Foyt, he last played in Nov?

i third that. I've liked the way I've seen Canady play this year. It seems like he has matured alot from last year, and is making better decisions, and playing more physically.

No offense to Palmo.....I really like the guy! however, his size was really noticeable again last weekend....(especially next to that big DORK #20!)

Canady (if he stays out of the box) seems to play more aggressively, and I agree....more physical!

I heard the lines were Mcmahon, Genoway, Fyling? Hale, Fabian, Canady for the 3, 4 lines.......probly not bad considering Prpich out!?

I am totally going to get railed for this comment but as much as I like Prpich, I feel he takes stupid penalties at crucial points in games. With that being said, at this time of year, any team can ill-afford stupid penalties so not having him in the line-up in my opinion is not necesarily a bad thing.

SFSIOUX

Allow me to rail on you... :(

Your point is a fair one, though I really think that the reputation is solely based on one instance that resulted in a Sioux 3 on 5. The bottom line is there are games that he is the single biggest reason they won. He is part of the reason why ND is #1 in the nation, so if he is healthy we need him. That said, this is Tech, so he should be at 100%...

I never hide the fact that I love it when Canady is in the lineup. I've liked his style of play since I saw him in his freshman year. He plays a very similar style to Prp, and have always thought him and Prp would be great on a line together with someone like Fylling centering the line. Credit to Brian though, in his fine moments as a colorman on the radio, he said that he's a team player and will sit contently when Deano decides to play someone else. Have to love the team players.

SFSIOUX

Allow me to rail on you... :(

Your point is a fair one, though I really think that the reputation is solely based on one instance that resulted in a Sioux 3 on 5. The bottom line is there are games that he is the single biggest reason they won. He is part of the reason why ND is #1 in the nation, so if he is healthy we need him. That said, this is Tech, so he should be at 100%...

Agreed. We wouldn't be blanking the DU Pioneers if it weren't for Prpich's play. Remember the hattie?

I'd say Canady or Massen. And I agree about sitting Prpich, it's best that he's at 100 percent against Minny.

I agree to sit Prp for the night. No reason to rush him back this weekend. A lot of playoff hockey ahead. Kudos to Prp though. He spent an hour and a half after practice yesterday skating with some young kids. Totally made their day. Fuhr and Massen also skated with the kids. Says a lot about the character of some of the players on this team.