SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey East Stunner

nodakvindy

I have been told (I don't know myself) that the PWR is calculated differently in the playoffs (if you are ranked high, you HAVE to play a lower-ranked team) so the effect on BC may not be as huge as if the loss happened during a reg. season game

It has been stated that 1st round playoff wins against bottom teams that actually lower a teams RPI, will be excluded from the RPI calculation. Losses will count.

BC is starting to look like Maine from last year.

It has been stated that 1st round playoff wins against bottom teams that actually lower a teams RPI, will be excluded from the RPI calculation. Losses will count.

BC is starting to look like Maine from last year.

or the BU team of 1998, that as the #1 seed fell to #8 Merrimack in the Hockey East playoffs and then made a quick exit from the NCAAs as well.

Be careful what you wish for. I can remember the last time the number one overall seed won the tourney. Although maybe BC did it in '01, but I think Mich State may have been top seed.

Historically, the MacNaughton Cup is a curse, so UND already has an uphill battle using that perspective - so I say, why not heap on the #1-overall-seed curse. Hopefully, UND could then kill two birds . . . . . .