SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD on cover of USCHO magazine

01grad

I don't order this magazine and was just wondering if anybody does?  If so, what is the article about?  Just curious, thanks.

Well, the cover has Junior Lessard and Beau Geisler - the two seniors of impact and the headline is "Fabric of the Community - Duluth embraces it's team like no other."

So I'm assuming it's about those two and their time in Duluth. Both have good stories, such as Lessard almost drowning last summer in a riptide in Lake Superior. Geisler has 13 brothers and sisters and is from the range, and his life story was in the Thanksgiving Day Star Tribune about how his mom died of cancer and he was left to help his Dad bring up 12 other children.

In other words, it probably has more to do with personal stories than hockey, but who knows.

Mine is coming in the mail. :D

EDIT: or maybe it's this article:

From USCHO

Well, the cover has Junior Lessard and Beau Geisler - the two seniors of impact and the headline is "Fabric of the Community - Duluth embraces it's team like no other."

Maybe I am reading too much into this title.

I'm sorry, but having grown up near Duluth, I'm calling BS. They (the community) does an OK job supporting their team when they are winning (obviously everyone does to some extent). The fact is that the community is twice the size of Grand Forks and rarely fills the DECC.

Just look at the Sioux series, how many Sioux fans were there. You know why? Because the Duluth fans didn't care enough to buy the tickets. I am happy that SS has brought the program to respectability. And I like to see the team have success, but the community typically doesn't care about the team. :D