SiouxSports.com Forum

hats available

YaneA

I'm making another batch of "Kickin' butt from #1 in the Pairwise" hats. I gave a bunch away on Pearson's bus to Duluth last week and heard they received many compliments. I offered to make up some special for SSSS but I never heard back from them so I went ahead and designed them the way I wanted to. If you will be at the game Friday night and would like one, e-mail me your seat number before Friday afternoon and I'll get one to you. Kids will like them, too, I think so if you're bringing a son or daughter to the game, you might want to pick one up for him or her.

Since I've been asked....

There is no charge at all for the hats--my gift to the fans; wear it in good health.

Each hat is a little different. Most are plastic green top hats; some are black. One's a yellow hard hat that says, "The Jones Zone #3--Hard Hit Area." One says, "Fuher Factor #8 is Great!" One has a Sioux goalie in front of a net on a sheet of ice (ok, it's really an AOL CD) and says, "You Can't Shake Jake...Like a Rock" There's a set of 3 army helmets with a Sioux hockey player on top and trailing ribbons that say either, "Fight on Sioux" or "Welcome to our Battlefield" or "An Army Can't Stop Us." I have a couple more still to be made and if you want to "special order" one to feature a favorite player, let me know now and I can do it.

Manderleigh--

Yes, you could come to my seat and pick them up. I am in sec. 114, row K, seat 15. Tell me definitely that you will do so and I will save you two.

To Funny - my seats are row 114 row H seat 15 - great seats especially during the 2nd period.

YaneA . . . .

Were you with the big crowd of hat heads in Duluth? They were some great hats, and your section of fans were some great cheerleaders.

My kids and I sat in Section 9 the first night. Saw all four ND goals. The next night, we were behind the net, next to the band. We had a blast there. Saw both Sioux goals, and the Bulldogs goal to boot. The last ten minutes of that game rung a level of intensity that makes WCHA hockey the greatest show on the road.

Anyway, I have separately e-mailed you with some thoughts on the hats. Look forward to hearing from you.

Love to see the 2nd period goals. Although watching the Sioux defensemen putting a big hit or some lumber to an opposing player is always entertaining. And watching Parise back checking. As good as that guy is with the puck he is just as amazing without it. Can't wait for Friday night.

I have about 4 hats still unspoken for, including one blank one that I can make to highlight a favorite player. So, if you want one, send me an e-mail with your seat number ASAP and I will deliver a hat to you on Friday night. Again, there's no charge; chalk it up to a random act of kindness on my part and to my desire to see Sioux fans dressed to support their team.

If you're in general admission and want a hat, you can come to my seat (sec. 114, row K, seat 15) to get it but please e-mail me first so I'll know to hold one for you.

I believe that all the hats I have made now have been spoken for. I've replied to everyone whose request I received and have made arrangements for delivery. If you e-mailed me but did not get a reply, blame Netscape. Then, post on this thread and I will try to reach you. I can make some additional hats next week if there's a demand

YaneA - you are so cool! ;) Thanks for all you do to help the fans and the atmosphere - you are definately an inspiration to us all to quit whining and start acting. We can make the new Ralph as intimidating as the "old" Ralph with some determination and creativity (despite the "powers that be").

This series is really important to sweep and won't be easy even though we're playing the basement team. The guys have to come to play and we need to help them keep their intensity. Thanks again for all you do to contribute to the fans being the "7th man on the ice"!!!

:D

Since all the student tickets, for the most part, were picked up prior to ticket master sales yesterday, I expect the REA to be rocking this weekend, as I watch on TV at home. Hope it's really noisy (appears it should be demanded :D )

Here's a public hats off, or on, to YaneA.

She made hats for anyone asking. She made a "Bo Knows Goals" for my daughter, and she loves it.

Thanks a million YaneA. We missed the Friday celebration, but were there Saturday. No luck next week. With some hard work, the Sioux will soon be in Saint Paul and in Colorado Springs.

So will the "Bo Knows Goals" hat.

For giving a big, and generous, boost to fan spirit, hip hip hooray to YaneA.

And to all of the fine fans who made our regular road trips to The Ralph this year memorable ones.

HeidiSioux & NDH:

Thank you both for the very kind words. When I was delivering hats Friday night, a lady stopped me, told me she'd seen the hats in Duluth and wondered what store she could buy them in. I took her seat number and brought her a hat the very next day. I saw her wearing it across the arena Saturday night.

I have already started making hats for the playoff tournament and beyond (knock wood). If you would like one, same deal as last time, e-mail me with your Ralph seat number or post here that you will come to my seat to pick one up. I will deliver them Friday night and need time to make them so let me know ASAP. The one I've made for myself says, "The Broadmoor...No Less!" I also have, for those with few inhibitions, "Gophers Suck" and "Badgers Suck" hats which are decorated with large or small pacifers. If you have a favorite player, include that info in the e-mail and I will try to accommodate your request. I am fresh out of little plastic goalies so may have to make a crafts store run.

I'm bumping this up to the top in case someone who'll be at the playoff series would like a hat to take into the Final 5 and beyond. This last batch use the "nicer" black felt/plastic hats which have a little more style to them than the green plastic top hats. I've got 4 or 5 left. E-mail your Friday night seat number and I will leave one for you. Again, there's no charge.

I've got one that says "Coach is 1st Class" and features Deano's shining face and the notation "Blais of Glory."

Another says "Jones 1st Line of Defense" The "J' in Jones is formed by a hockey stick and there's a hockey player at the blue line (Jonesy himself) on top.

Others say, "Sioux Xcel at Winning" or "The Final 5: Sioux Xcel."

Also, still up for grabs, "Gophers Suck" and "Badgers Suck," each decorated with pacifiers.

E-mail me today.