SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final Five

otters#1

I had heard that they are way ahead of last years pace with ticket sales. That combination with the fact that we are likely now to have a Gophs/Sioux semi-final, tickets will be scarce. Or you are right, you could bet against the Gophs and end up getting tickets for a song. Of course you could get shut out, or end up paying $100 per ticket for the semis.

Just thinking about purchasing the 5 game package,

Do you think I can sell the consillation games to the locals or should I just asume that these seats will go unused. :0  :blush:

There is only one consolation game, and that is the Saturday afternoon third place game.

I am worried that the Gophers will drop the first round of the playoffs, and take the week of the Final Five off. Frankly, that is probably the best thing that could happen to them. They could rest Briggs, heal the sick, at least those in body if not in mind (although I will not listen to this excuse from the masses as The Don had reported that they are all good to go before this weekend's debacle), and they could work on some team-spirit building.

While I would love to see the Sioux-Gophers play at the Final Five, I also would grow tired of hearing them always saying that only the NCAA matters. I, for one, think that this is an increasingly tired excuse from a fan base that has seen its team, virtually the same team from last year, fall flat on its face ever since they started crowing about a "threepeat" last April.

They will make the field of sixteen regardless. They will be dangerous. Like all of us, they can be beat. Here's saying that it looks like they have neither the heart, or the chemistry, to get it done this year.

On the other hand, the Sioux have chemistry. The Sioux have heart. And the Sioux have history.

I had heard that they are way ahead of last years pace with ticket sales. That combination with the fact that we are likely now to have a Gophs/Sioux semi-final, tickets will be scarce.

I wouldn't count on that happening, after watching the last period of Saturdays game, UofM is in a hurt bag right now. That would assuming that the Gopher get past their first round opponent which might end up being Denver, which now holds the tie breaker with the Gophers. Although it would be fun watching the Sioux whoop on the Goofers. :blush::0:0:angry:

The Gophs could be the first team to intentionally miss the Final Five. I would expect some disrespectful stunt like that. It would give their perms time to dry!! :lol: What a joke... :p

You know I hate the Gophers just as much as the next guy but I have to believe them dropping two this weekend is no different than UND getting rolled by UW two weeks ago. I'm sure the Gophers will be in the Final Five if not the final game at the X....counting them out is ludicrous at this point. They played the Sioux as tough as anyone back in January and I have to believe they will play them tough again if given the chance.

Again I do hate the Gophers and would rather see Michigan Tech win the Final Five rather than the UofM but you have to be realistic in that just because they dropped two this weekend - doesn't mean they suck as a team or their season is finished.