SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL loses almost $300 million; strike threatened!

Bisonfan1234

As a "land grant", NDSU is allowed to bid on certain government that research that UND is not allowed to bid on. Being #200 without that preference program in place working for it (I'll avoid the unlevel playing field characterization) working for UND is far from a bad thing.

Alternatively, all that money to NDSU and they still haven't reached that particular Carngie level?

As a "land grant", NDSU is allowed to bid on certain government that research that UND is not allowed to bid on. Being #200 without that preference program in place working for it (I'll avoid the unlevel playing field characterization) working for UND is far from a bad thing.

Alternatively, all that money to NDSU and they still haven't reached that particular Carngie level?

You would think having a Medical School/Law School would level the playing field as I beleive there may be a dollar or two in Medical Research (cancer?) as opposed to lowly "ag research"... also since Carnegie Classification is based solely on number of grad students (essentially employees)... would you rather work for a smaller company with a larger budget... or a larger company with a smaller budget :D .. also let me state that I am proud of research done by both universities as it is beneficial to the state of ND (jobs, $ etc)