SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo Sioux Boosters

schmidtdoggydog

Because the swimming coach took 20 minutes or so to introduce his assistant, who then took 10 minutes to talk about the swim teams, there was very little time for the remaining coaches to speak. Therefore, Dave Hakstol, who filled in for DB, only had the mic for about 5 minutes.

He discussed that UND knew they would be in a battle this past Saturday especially after outscoring DU, described by DH as a very good team, 20-5 in the first three games. His suspicions were confirmed when he showed up at the arena at 4:30, which is usually an hour before the opposing team shows, and GG (coach of Denver) was already there with his team conducting one-on-one meetings.

DH said despite that, UND played quite well on Saturday and it wasn't until Denver scored in the third that UND lost momentum. He said that up until that point, UND should've had a 3 or 4 goal lead and gotten the sweep, but after Denver scored, UND was very lucky to get out of there with one point.

Someone from the audience then asked if the coaches have noticed some letdown the last three Saturdays. DH said that they had not and that each of the games was quite different.

He said that Saturday in Tech was an absolute "war" and that both teams came to play.

As for Saturday in Minnesota, he said that UND played okay, but that Minnesota was outstanding and really controlled the play. UND would have liked to have gotten a point that night, but Minnesota's play ensured that that wouldn't happen.

As for this past Saturday, he said that game falls back on the players and even though they only had a one goal lead the team appeared a bit complacent, which wasn't unexpected because something had to give soon. He then noted again though that UND did play well as a whole this past weekend as evidenced by the Parise brothers garnering league honors.

He said he didn't want to get ahead of himself, but felt that if UND plays well this weekend and can get some points out of Wisc that they feel it will be come down to a two team race for the league, especially considering there are only 10 games left.

Someone then asked about Wisco's rink. DH said it is not officially Olympic size, rather it is in between NHL and Olympic size. He thought it was five feet longer and 4-6 feet wider than an NHL rink.

He did mention that they heard this morning that Saturday's game is sold out for the first time in over five seasons and Friday's is close and so it should be a good test for the team from that standpoint.

And that was it.

He did mention that they heard this morning that Saturday's game is sold out for the first time in over five seasons and Friday's is close and so it should be a good test for the team from that standpoint.

I know it has been reported elsewhere about Saturday being sold out, but there are still tickets left. Friday is not really that close to selling out. It should still be good crowds though.

It seemed to me that DH was getting his info directly from the Wisco folks, which seems like a good source.

I'm not trying to cause problems, I'm just telling you what I have found. I have been following the ticket situation for a couple of months since I am going to the games. You can go online right now and buy tickets for Saturday night, thus it is not sold out.